LegacyGT.com

13 WRX long block into 05 LGT? Dual avcs and ticking noise

You would want to have requested torque ramp up more slowly at lower pedal angles but go to higher values at high / max pedal angle. That gets you better resolution in part-throttle and upshifts occurring at higher rpm and with more firmness at WOT. Most tuners can pull this off, though there are only a few of us working with the Calculated Torque tables, which is what really rounds out the shift firmness.

Is there anyone nearby that would offer that level of tuning for the 5EAT? (Requested torque, calculated torque)

I am contacting Pompeii and Boxer4racing right now

Is there anyone nearby that would offer that level of tuning for the 5EAT? (Requested torque, calculated torque)

I am contacting Pompeii and Boxer4racing right now

I have been following this thread but not closely, I recommend www.tuningalliance.com for tuning, he really is one of the best with these cars.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Pompeii is right around the corner from me and is offering a reasonable cost and I think it would be better to be tuned in person in any case. I think I am going to just stick with stock everything right now and get the car a basic tune instead of worrying about more mods. I don't want to blow up the 5EAT. I mean, is a VF52 + Stage 2 going to overheat and wear out my trans? I need a grocery getter more than a race car right now.

Not too many specialize in the 5EAT cars, at least not in the US. Auto trans is more common in ADM and EDM cars so we do more of them. AFAIK only throttlehappy and I are taking the time to tune control of the transmission in any methodical way, or at least we are the only ones only discussing it.

As to overheating, a trans cooler is always recommended but the most important thing is shortening the time taken to complete upshifts, reducing the heat generated at the source.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I'm leaning toward just getting it tuned in a stock/stage 1 way and just not taking advantage of the VF52 fully right now. The trans being an unknown is turning me off without the valvebody mod, I'm worried 280whp will be too much. Sounds like I'm not going to get 5eat modifications done right in software. Any thoughts?

I have run several 18G cars to 335whp on the stock 5EAT and one 5th gen with an EFR7163 to 408whp / 55kgm. The valve body is however a great mod and it's awesome to have this option on the '05~'07 models.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

My 5EAT was supposedly rebuilt 20k ish ago but are there any telltale signs of wear? It doesn't slip, it locks into reverse hard, it sometimes clunks on the downshift to first as I'm on the brakes. Shifts seem good for an automatic but I've not had one in a long time. Sometimes I argue with the tcu and the dbw! fahr_side, did you run those 18g cars without modifying requested torque in the ecu? Or was that tuned somehow. I hate to think of the clutches slipping on engagement lol. I read into requested torque for a bit, it's kind of making my head spin.

I modify both Requested Torque and Calculated Torque even on stage 1 tunes. The stock settings are really tuned for a smooth luxury feel, not performance or longevity. You also can PM me with questions.

Archived