LegacyGT.com

96 legacy idle rpm setup

no, there is an IACV involved, i dont think i would change any of the adjuster screws. most of the time, if the idle is erratic or off, there is another reason causing the computer to change it. what are the symptoms youre seeing?

Yes you can adjust it, there is a threaded stud with a nut on the , its on the driver side of the throttle body by the throttle cable, you just need to loosen the nut and then tighten the stud so that it moves closer to the throttle cable bracket, then once its where you're happy, just tighten the nut to lock it all in place.

I sped mine up since it had a lumpy idle caused by a tight valve. It would idle like crap at 800ish and would frequently try to stall out, so I sped mine up to 1200-1300 and that smoothed it out a lot. Now that the junk head is no longer on the motor, I slowed it back down to normal

I've tried before adjusting the throttle cable that you mention about but idle rpm always returned to old position after a while, I dont know why, vehicles idle rpm is about to 600-700 when its neutral position, when I change the gear neutral to drive, the value is falling about to 300-400, isnt that too much? It seems like the car stopped during this time, when I've adjusting idle rpm with throttle cable method, It is going to be very convenient for a while, until the idle rpm down to the old value. The whole problem seems to be solve if I can raise idle rprm some, but permanently... Can it be adjusted with the help of a computer connection?

Is not this the screw you mentioned?

http://i.hizliresim.com/W0p6r2.jpg

Archived