LegacyGT.com

P0 and P0304 CEL but no misfire on BTSSM

First CEL happened yesterday in stop and go city traffic, then this morning as i was coasting at 5mph leaving the driveway

p0000 ( which means nothing? lol ) and p0304 (#4 cylinder misfire )

I always run my BTSSM app, and it did not pick up on any misfire.

Here is a LV of yesterday after the CEL + cruise control lights went off

http://i.imgur.com/7XRq8dr.png

http://i.imgur.com/BRk7NXF.png

for the past 3 days I have had a IAM of 1.000 but yesterday it dropped to 0.375 to 0.625 now holding at 0.875

this morning, when in "manual 5EAT" mode, 2nd gear/3Krpm and up to 4.75K going onto onramp on i95, i did not boost more than 5psi.

going to install OEM filter and spray MAF with CRC MAF cleaner now......

And how tight is the O-ring on a DENSO MAF sensor? I can pull mine about 3/8"s without stretching... it seems pretty loose. When I was cleaning my MAF and re-installing my MAF, the O-ring actually got pinched between the housing and the MAF itself.

• 2 weeks later...

OEM filter and spraying MAF with cleaner worked alittle.. p0304 comes and goes. have not seen it for a week.

my IAM is bouncing all over the place.. this morning it decided to stay at .625... before it was 1.000 for a handful of days

My fuel trim level at 0.00 MAF g/s has been pegged at 14.99......

I used my buddies smoke machine from his shop, plugged it into the brake booster vacuum hose, and zero smoke was seen.. pressure actually popped the tip out of the hose

I need to replace valve covers, I can see oil on my #2 and alittle on #4 ( both driver cylinders )

I have noticed when I am giving it a good 75% pull ( not WOT.. never have with this car ) there is a clicking at the highest RPM coming from the left side of the motor ( piston #4? p0304? )

#lostasfuck

When you did the smoke test, were your in the correct side of the check valve ? Not sure on these cars, but some cars have a check valve to hold vacuum in the line and not let the line go to ambient.

I use the small hose of the blow off valve.

Also do you have a local tuner that could review your data log's ? I recommend www.tuningalliance.com he's in Vernon CT just a 1/2 mile off exit 65 on Rt84.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

http://i.share.pho.to/bef85a24_o.jpeg

showing both locations of the hoses the smoke machine blew into, and the direction of the smoke. (not my picture)

if you are talking about the check valve that is connected to the brake booster "bowl shape" no. I blew into the rubber hose

@Max, I have been chatting with Brittney.. waiting for my friend to lend me his lift to install catless up-pipe and going to Blackstone my oil.

trying to figure out this problem before getting the tune. Im not sure how much of this problem he can tune out, or if there is a physical problem that needs to be resolved before tuning

Good to hear your in touch with TA, I stopped by to see Mike the other Saturday and was surprised to see all the cars in the yard and things he had going on.

While its on the lift for the up pipe, make sure you remove the filter from the banjo bolt.

Check the turbo for shaft play.

New oil return hose from the turbo.

While around that side, check and make sure the coil packs look good and the connectors are tight and any other wires around there like the engine grounds.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Good to hear your in touch with TA, I stopped by to see Mike the other Saturday and was surprised to see all the cars in the yard and things he had going on.

While its on the lift for the up pipe, make sure you remove the filter from the banjo bolt.

Check the turbo for shaft play.

New oil return hose from the turbo.

While around that side, check and make sure the coil packs look good and the connectors are tight and any other wires around there like the engine grounds.

banjo bolt was already removed after i bought it, previous owner wasnt a dummy! Will check for shaft play

i can see #2 piston has some oil around it. looks like its coming out around the coil pack

i get a serious "tick" sound when i am accelerating hard onto a high way ( 3.5K+ ) and it sounds like its coming from either piston 2 or 4 ( driver side )

Check for an exhaust leak on the driver side.

There is a seal on the inside of the valve cover where the spark plug goes through, may be that is bad causing the oil around the coil pack.

As long as its a lite ticking, I'm guessing its nothing to serious, could just not a valve adjustment. What oil are you using ?

Archived