LegacyGT.com

5th gen vs 6th

Hey guys, I'm over on the third gen forum but my girlfriend wants to get a newer legacy between 2012 and 2016. She's also debating over getting the four or six cylinder. I guess her big priority is looking for reliability and gas mileage so I was thinking the four cylinder 2.5 would probably be the best bet. But I wanted to know what everyone else's opinions are on the matter. from the reviews Ive been reading, it seems pretty split between the fifth gen and sixth gen so I just wanted to get other people's personal opinions in there. Although 6th gen is winning because of luxury and eyesight.

Hey guys, I'm over on the third gen forum but my girlfriend wants to get a newer legacy between 2012 and 2016. She's also debating over getting the four or six cylinder. I guess her big priority is looking for reliability and gas mileage so I was thinking the four cylinder 2.5 would probably be the best bet. But I wanted to know what everyone else's opinions are on the matter. from the reviews Ive been reading, it seems pretty split between the fifth gen and sixth gen so I just wanted to get other people's personal opinions in there. Although 6th gen is winning because of luxury and eyesight.

You answered your own question, 6th Gen 2.5i.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Although 6th gen is winning because of luxury and eyesight.

Well - eyesight showed up in the 2013 Legacy - no idea how easy it is to find a car with it, but there are 2013 and 2014 5th gen Legacys with Eyesight (the 6th gen systems do have more features, though)

I'd say the 6th gen has the interior and additional tech features going for it, while the 5th gen is going to have cost going for it. If you are looking for a 2.5i or 3.6R, and a new 6th gen is in the budget, that's what I would do.

If it was me buying a new legacy, I'd probably go with the 2012 GT. But I hear the 3.6R's aren't too Shabby.

Thanks for your inputs!

Except they have a cvt after 2014.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Archived