LegacyGT.com

Where to after the LGT?

This is a puzzler, isn't it? :icon_ques

I've been thinking maybe the VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion with six-speed manual might work. It is a made in Mexico VW, which has its own issues, though.

My buddy just got one of these. I couldn't believe how gutless the thing was. Interior was standard VW with an appearance of high quality but deep down you know its going to fall apart. Shifter was a rubbery but the transmission was better then the five speed Subaru unit. Overall very Meh for a car I was pretty excited about.

If I had to replace the LGT I would score a Cadillac ATS new off the dealer lot at a deep discount. They're giving like 10-15k off MSRP on the 2.0t and 3.6 models. The chassis on the Caddy is super refined and might be one of the best driving sedans I have ever driven (2.0t with auto trans and Brembos). Pretty peppy with like 270hp, decent interior, crap infotainment system.

There is no where really to go after an LGT - so I ended up with an STi.

After adding the Koni inserts, RCE blacks, links, bushings, sway bars wider, lighter rims and RE11 rubber, the LGT ride is not on a completely different planet than the STi. The STi wind and road noise is worse as is the stereo, but the front seats are better. Just buy a new hat.

Right now I'm leaning toward putting a few thousand into "restoring" my '05 and hoping the turbo doesn't fail and take out the engine. Or that the 5EAT doesn't fail on me.

Thanks for all the feedback. Much appreciated!

I have a VF46 I'm willing to part with for $250 CAD. Get a JMP rebuild on it and you have virtually brand new turbo for half the price of a new OEM?

Let's keep the silver eagle in the family!!

rps20170403_113641.thumb.jpg.7b9cb575bf777347224544e0a4ad4afa.jpg

• 6 months later...

Just when I had decided to keep my '05 LGT LTD for another winter one of the people who had seen the car and driven it a few weeks ago called me back and offered my asking price. He's a Subaru enthusiast and had fallen in love with my car. It's called finding the right buyer. So it's gone and I picked up a 2017 Legacy 2.5i Limited at a greatly discounted price and with great financing. It won't replace the GT but it's still a nice driving car. Maybe needs a bigger sway bar.

In September, colours are limited and I ended up with another Silver. It will be great if it gives me another 12 great years.

Archived