LegacyGT.com

What should i buy and help?!

cxyz1435

Ok, i'm 16 and i'm turning 16 in July. I don't know what to buy. Im a subby fan so its in that range. I was think about a wrx. Then i read that the transmission cant take a beating and for a sti swap i would need more than just the tranny from it. Then i thought about the sti but they seem to keep there price too much lol, i'm going for year 2010 and above my money. Now i'm considering the legacy gt, there cheap and there just like the sti. I don't know how much hp i can get it so the transmission wont completely die. Im not all smart when it comes to cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At your age, insurance can be a huge expense. In your shoes, I would not get a WRX or STI for that reason alone. Legacy makes more sense. Take a look at 2008-2009 Legacy GTs, see what you think. Those are the last years of the fourth generation. The manual trans is beefed up a bit compared with the older WRXs. If you're going for one of these, try to get one with good maintenance history. It's very important to avoid problems later on. Lots of good reading material here in the forums. Have a look at the stickies.

At your age, insurance can be a huge expense. In your shoes, I would not get a WRX or STI for that reason alone. Legacy makes more sense. Take a look at 2008-2009 Legacy GTs, see what you think. Those are the last years of the fourth generation. The manual trans is beefed up a bit compared with the older WRXs. If you're going for one of these, try to get one with good maintenance history. It's very important to avoid problems later on. Lots of good reading material here in the forums. Have a look at the stickies.

Im not gonna argue, insurance will be a lot but i live in parhump so insurance will be a lot cheaper then the city

Something else to think about is a used WRX or STI is more likely to have been beat on. If you can find an "adult owned" Legacy GT you will have a nice handling car with plenty of power and the cops will leave you alone unless you get reckless.

I'd recommend a Naturally Aspirated Forester or Outback. Less risk of an expensive noise from under the hood. The Foresters and Outbacks also have better ground clearance and if you don't live in the city it may come in handy from time to time.
453747.png

Ok, i'm 16 and i'm turning 16 in July.

I have an aunt like you. She's been turning 39 every year for the past decade :lol:

Im going for speed lol and more sporty look but with good insurance even the legacy gt cost up to 571 a month

Speed at 16 is a risky proposition. Have you learned car control yet? 250+ HP is enough to get into a lot of trouble.

My best advice would be to start with a slow and simple car, learn to drive, learn to maintain/upgrade, then step up to a faster car when you are ready. A cheap, simple car can be much more fun, and won't bleed your wallet dry from insurance or repair & maintenance costs.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

I have an aunt like you. She's been turning 39 every year for the past decade :lol:

Speed at 16 is a risky proposition. Have you learned car control yet? 250+ HP is enough to get into a lot of trouble.

My best advice would be to start with a slow and simple car, learn to drive, learn to maintain/upgrade, then step up to a faster car when you are ready. A cheap, simple car can be much more fun, and won't bleed your wallet dry from insurance or repair & maintenance costs.

Well ive been driving a 500hp Mercedes [emoji23][emoji23] i meant to say im 15 lol

Well ive been driving a 500hp Mercedes [emoji23][emoji23] i meant to say im 15 lol

Can't really learn car control in a 4500lb boat with undefeatable tech nannies. That said, it doesn't sound like money is a problem so why sweat a 500 dollar payment?

Again, start simple, or learn the hard way.

Most of us learned the hard way :lol:

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Don't buy a WRX. Here are some reasons:

1.) Only millennial whiny baby dicks that wear flat bill cum deflector hats, white rimmed sunglasses, and suck robot cocks (vape) buy, or drive WRX's. Trust me when I tell you that on one likes those guys. Not that you should be concerned with what people think all the time like some sort of lemming, but in this case it bears consideration: do you want the first impression you make on everyone who sees you to tell them you need to be punched in the face?

2.) You will wreck the car. This is not a maybe, but a certainty. You may or may not survive this experience. I don't care if you you've driven a 500hp Mercedes. I literally give zero fucks. Driving a fairly quick car doesn't mean you know what you are doing with one. Would owning a race car make you a race car driver? Would owning an M4 carbine make you a USMC infantry ground pounder? No and ******* no. Training, and in some cases a lot of effort and time will build those skills. Right now you don't have them, not because you're bad or stupid but because you haven't had the time or opportunity to gain those skills. Metacognition man. Knowledge about your own knowledge, and honest no bullshit assessment of your current skill set.

3.) A WRX will not get you any pussy, or dick, or whatever it is you are into. No one is going to be impressed, see point #1 for why. Furthermore, you shouldn't be focused on that shit at your age anyway. Nothing good comes from it. Worry about doing good in school, sports, staying in shape or getting in shape, and actually trying to be a decent human being.

4.) As mentioned your insurance rates will be absurd. Probably more than your car payment if you can get insured at all. This is because insurance companies, unlike 15 year olds, have learned from hard experience that the facts I pointed out in #2 are true. They have armies of statisticians called actuaries who do nothing but compile and analyze data like this all day. Their goal is to not have to pay claims, and to make money, and one way to do that is to not ensure 16 year old drivers on high risk sports cars.... or to charge them absurdly high premiums if they will write a policy for them.

My advice is to go buy a well used car for about $500-$1500, an old pickup truck can be a good candidate too. You'll have a lot of fun with this first car if you don't pay too much for it. Plus you won't have to worry too much about accidentally damaging a quarter panel if you back into the mailbox or some such things that will happen. Plus you will take liberties with a car that isn't costing you an arm and a leg. Watch Top Gear or the Grand Tour, when they do their shit box comparisons they have a hell of a good time. Watch some Roadkill TV too. Shit boxes and junkers can be a lot of fun, and you're probably going to wreck your first car anyway. Why wreck something expensive?

You will wreck your first car(or 3). It's not a matter of learning car control, or having driven a 500hp merc. Buy a car that you can learn some lessons from and get your faster cars later. A SUV is a much better choice at your age.

*these lessons were learned from experience, I wouldn't have listened to this advice either*

You guys are forgetting he said he's a Subaru fan. A Subaru is safer in a crash than an old pickup or SUV. Teenagers roll SUVs all the time, they're not safe when you have an inexperienced driver that has to make a sudden evasive maneuver. SUVs and pickups don't have to meet the same safety standards as cars. What matters is not getting injured, if the car gets damaged, that is what insurance is for.

An older Legacy could be good. Maybe normally-aspirated would be fine to start with. It's a good way to learn some mechanical DIY skills.

I still remember when I was sixteen. I was having fun and nothing to worry what car to buy.

Shopping for a car that you like really is always fun. Have fun in shopping and take your young time deciding.

Buy new if you can...

I just bought my 2005 Legacy Gt limited and i am also 16 i bought with it around 400hp and 335whp and i love the car runs great the luxury is great and the power is there. I recommend getting a Legacy since honestly the WRX's are so mainstreamed now a days in my opinion its nice to be the unique one on the road and especially beating an Sti is the best feeling ever. Try to find a Legacy gt that has been taken care of and has most of its records still kept! Good luck!

I still remember when I was sixteen. I was having fun and nothing to worry what car to buy.

Shopping for a car that you like really is always fun. Have fun in shopping and take your young time deciding.

Buy new if you can...

Do not buy new trust me especially if you are getting a manual trans car.

Your gonna want a car that you learn off and not be to worried about ruining your 20K+ car!

I just bought my 2005 Legacy Gt limited and i am also 16 i bought with it around 400hp and 335whp and i love the car runs great the luxury is great and the power is there. I recommend getting a Legacy since honestly the WRX's are so mainstreamed now a days in my opinion its nice to be the unique one on the road and especially beating an Sti is the best feeling ever. Try to find a Legacy gt that has been taken care of and has most of its records still kept! Good luck!

do what this guy did if you are serious about it.

as for fast cars as a first car, everyone wants that. some people have that need for speed from a very early age, some dont. i had a dodge coronet with a 383 as a first car before i even had a license. waaaaaay faster than the datsun 210 i ended up with after i got my license. i got in much more trouble with the datsun than i did with the coronet tho.

Don't buy a WRX. Here are some reasons:

1.) Only millennial whiny baby dicks that wear flat bill cum deflector hats, white rimmed sunglasses, and suck robot cocks (vape) buy, or drive WRX's. Trust me when I tell you that on one likes those guys. Not that you should be concerned with what people think all the time like some sort of lemming, but in this case it bears consideration: do you want the first impression you make on everyone who sees you to tell them you need to be punched in the face?

2.) You will wreck the car. This is not a maybe, but a certainty. You may or may not survive this experience. I don't care if you you've driven a 500hp Mercedes. I literally give zero fucks. Driving a fairly quick car doesn't mean you know what you are doing with one. Would owning a race car make you a race car driver? Would owning an M4 carbine make you a USMC infantry ground pounder? No and ******* no. Training, and in some cases a lot of effort and time will build those skills. Right now you don't have them, not because you're bad or stupid but because you haven't had the time or opportunity to gain those skills. Metacognition man. Knowledge about your own knowledge, and honest no bullshit assessment of your current skill set.

3.) A WRX will not get you any pussy, or dick, or whatever it is you are into. No one is going to be impressed, see point #1 for why. Furthermore, you shouldn't be focused on that shit at your age anyway. Nothing good comes from it. Worry about doing good in school, sports, staying in shape or getting in shape, and actually trying to be a decent human being.

4.) As mentioned your insurance rates will be absurd. Probably more than your car payment if you can get insured at all. This is because insurance companies, unlike 15 year olds, have learned from hard experience that the facts I pointed out in #2 are true. They have armies of statisticians called actuaries who do nothing but compile and analyze data like this all day. Their goal is to not have to pay claims, and to make money, and one way to do that is to not ensure 16 year old drivers on high risk sports cars.... or to charge them absurdly high premiums if they will write a policy for them.

My advice is to go buy a well used car for about $500-$1500, an old pickup truck can be a good candidate too. You'll have a lot of fun with this first car if you don't pay too much for it. Plus you won't have to worry too much about accidentally damaging a quarter panel if you back into the mailbox or some such things that will happen. Plus you will take liberties with a car that isn't costing you an arm and a leg. Watch Top Gear or the Grand Tour, when they do their shit box comparisons they have a hell of a good time. Watch some Roadkill TV too. Shit boxes and junkers can be a lot of fun, and you're probably going to wreck your first car anyway. Why wreck something expensive?

holy shit i want this as my signature

Archived