LegacyGT.com

05 legacy gt.....so many codes. Any help is much appreciated

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that would be the small hose,

Step 1 refer's to the hose the air filter is attached to. You need the air intake to be blocked.

Most of us pull the black hose off the stock air filter box and plug it with a pint size paint can.

You just need a short quick blast of air, you don't want to blow a hose off.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yes that would be the small hose,

Step 1 refer's to the hose the air filter is attached to. You need the air intake to be blocked.

Most of us pull the black hose off the stock air filter box and plug it with a pint size paint can.

You just need a short quick blast of air, you don't want to blow a hose off.

Thanks for clarifying, I'll be giving this test a shot.

Usually, you can use your lungs to blow through that vaccuum hose, but you have an FMIC. So it may be harder to do this test just using your lungs. In general, we don't want more than 5 psi of air.

Have a good read at this post.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4491795&postcount=1

Thanks for the link I'll read through it tonight!

Thanks for clarifying, I'll be giving this test a shot.

Have to remember your car is not even near stock...;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I think that's what makes me like it:D I'm about to head outside to change the oil and then do that boost leak test and see if i can find anything. Then I'll clear the codes and take it for a short drive to see what codes comes. I'll update you guys in a little bit!

Ok some good news and a little bad news.

The good news is that i cleared the codes as went for quick drive and the engine light didn't come back, but i want to run it a little longer to confirm that.

The bad news is that I'm an idiot....when i removed the banjo bolt to remove the filter i put a rag underneath it to catch any oil(see where this is going lol?). Well i forgot said rag there and it lit on fire during my quick drive.... I know I'm a idiot... I don't think it damaged anything but I'm going to be inspecting that area much closer to make sure...but besides that mishap everything seemed ok haha

LOL we all have done stupid things, welcome to the club.

Keep an ear open for changes in the sound the turbo makes. I think I may have told you that story...

Also have a plan in place for if it goes bad.

LOL we all have done stupid things, welcome to the club.

Keep an ear open for changes in the sound the turbo makes. I think I may have told you that story...

Also have a plan in place for if it goes bad.

Yeah I'll have to look back bit if i remember correctly i should be listening for whining noises correct? I'm keeping the idea of getting it rebuilt in the back of my head.

Watch your fuel trims and report their values.

Glad the fire did not propagate.

Will do, I'm assuming it's ok to watch them using obd fusion app? I can take logs with obd fusion and post Dropbox links if necessary.

And yes I'm very happy the fire didn't get out of control lol!

I tried doubt the boost leak test by blowing into the vacuum port on the bov but it felt like i was blowing against a wall. I was just looking around at things while i was there and i followed the vacuum line from the wastegate to a little pierburg sensor which I'm assuming is the boost controller. It has an electrical connector and two vacuum ports on it, one of which has the vacuum line from the wastegate. The other vacuum port has nothing on it, no line, no cap, nothing. I'm inclined to put a cap on since there's no other vacuum lines hanging around not hooked up to anything.

506078911_Capture_2017-04-10-00-02-38.thumb.png.7c64fa333d987212d3ba00140b43121d.png

In the back of the service manual, there are flow charts that show the correct hose routing.

That looks like the starter down there, that's right your set up is not stock. I'm trying to figure out where that is.

In the back of the service manual, there are flow charts that show the correct hose routing.

That looks like the starter down there, that's right your set up is not stock. I'm trying to figure out where that is.

I'll look at that in the service manual, that way i can at least see if it it's supposed to be like that stock. I'm now thinking that the unused vacuum port might be to reference atmospheric pressure??

Sorry I've been awal for a little bit. I had this week off for vacation and spent Sun-thursday doing a bunch of maintenance on my other car that i daily. I was stockpiling parts all winter for that lol

• 4 months later...

How's it going everyone? It's been awhile.....well I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to try and sell the legacy:( I really do like the car allot and as much as I want to fix it, I just don't have enough time/money at the moment. I could let it sit and just pick away at things little by little but it might rust away by that time since it has to sit outside and I honestly feel bad for the car lol I was pretty gung ho about it at first but I guess reality set in and I realized that with as little free time that I have along with having three other vehicles at the moment it'll probably take me allot longer to get it where it needs to be than I originally planned.....

Does anyone think selling it is a good idea? Or does anyone want to convince me to keep it?:spin:

Whatever happens I want to thank everyone here that helped me out with it, especially Max Capacity!

Your welcome.

If you don't have the money and time, your better off to sell it and move on.

I will say, I think about selling my wagon every now and then while its still running great. But just a little push of my right foot...and all is better again.

Your welcome.

If you don't have the money and time, your better off to sell it and move on.

I will say, I think about selling my wagon every now and then while its still running great. But just a little push of my right foot...and all is better again.

Yeah I hear that lol maybe if this legacy would hold boost is feel the same way....but then again the fact that it doesn't hold boost the way it should makes me feel like that's why it hasn't destroyed the original timing belt yet haha

what do you guys think a fair asking price for it as a whole would be? I don't mind giving someone a good deal on it(especially if it's going to a good home) but don't want to give it away either lol I was thinking around $2000? Less? I should probably look in the classified ads here and on Craigslist for comparisons.

Archived