LegacyGT.com

Front lip, side skirts, and rear lip? May be starting a project...

Through a lot of research in the past few weeks...I've realized there are basically no good options for side skirts, and rear lips for the 4th gen legacy's. Delta speed made some great looking pieces, but fit JDM and are extremely expensive. So before I continue, I'll have to ask: Do you know of any good USDM fitment side skirts, rear lips, and front lips?

My dad has been doing professional fiberglass work for the past 48 years with building boats for Bayliner, designing and creating molds, also planes and aircraft parts and everything inbetween. We excitedly talked about bringing my 08 legacy into the shop this summer and designing our own molds for my car in regards to skirts and lips. (Father son time is always a bonus!) Being that I'm very OCD and am very partial to a clean looking car, I'm rather excited to get started on the project in a few months and share progress if it shows promise! Another great thing is that once a mold is made, we can produce them relatively easily.

Also considering designing a few other modifications for my car. Some including a roof spoiler, rear bumper vents, and a few other small things.

Anyways, update me if anybody has a good source for USDM fitment for our 4th gens, and otherwise once the time comes, ill keep updates on our progress

Good luck with your project, but most of us are more into performance and keeping these cars running well.

I gather this is a summer only car ? I would think the winter is your area is not fun with things hanging off the bottom of your cars body.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Mostly a summer car. I usually drive one of my trucks for the winter. (Can always come off in the winter if need be.)

Also, as for performance, my car is already sitting pretty good on the mod list with 301 whp and 324 TQ and runs like a top so I'm happy with where it's at...for now...so I'd say breaking off performance and going for some aesthetic modifications will be a fun change!

I've got $5 on it! I think side skirt extensions might be more popular than replacement skirts. I'd be very interested in those if you are considering that. The BaysonR front lip found on eBay is a great fitting front lip for the Rev A-C bumper, and I think 1 of only 2 options for lips for the LGT (I believe a lot of the other lips are modified lips from other cars). My baysonR lost to the snow, but I've already ordered a replacement ($80 aint bad).

Good luck with this endeavor!

Archived