LegacyGT.com

06 Legacy with Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks

Hello,

I'm thinking about going to install Bilstein B6 Shocks & Struts on my Legacy.

I know I need the B-Spec Front Strut Mount. On Tirerack.com they say it may increase the ride height of the car, but they don't say how much.

Has anyone ever installed these? Do you have an image with these on it? Any issues with Bilstein?

The KYB that are on the back are very soft and bouncy, and I do like that..

Thoughts? Images?

Thanks

If you use the Spec-B strut mount on Bilstein struts, your ride height should be fine. They will match up.

Bilsteins will be a nice upgrade for you. You want firmer springs to match them. Stock LGT springs would be all right, or slightly firmer. If you change shocks and springs, do both front and rear. You want to maintain a balance for good handling.

If you use the Spec-B strut mount on Bilstein struts, your ride height should be fine. They will match up.

Bilsteins will be a nice upgrade for you. You want firmer springs to match them. Stock LGT springs would be all right, or slightly firmer. If you change shocks and springs, do both front and rear. You want to maintain a balance for good handling.

Do you think that because the GT's have a lighter manual transmission that the GT spring will ride higher?

BTW, thanks for being the first to reply.

I chose to go with the Koni + stock LGT spring combination, that I have been reasonably happy with for a daily driver. I did not want to lower the car because I wanted to keep all the suspension travel I could. Bilstein HDs are known for being very firm, the Konis can be adjusted to be softer.

Bilsteins do affect the ride height. There is a lot of info in the suspension forum, including loads of pictures. The amount of info can be overwhelming and confusing at times. I would just suggest you don't drop very much if you want a nice ride in a daily driver.

Check out "m spranks" web site, www.infamousperformance.com he's got a lot of us a great Koni and Epic spring set up years ago. See what he has to offer now.

He has a real Shop so he'll know what works.

Another place with a real Shop is www.AZPinstalls.com

Both are great places to buy from and give great customer service.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived