LegacyGT.com

Installing factory fog/ driving lights in a Legacy L

I have a 99' L and I have the wiring and relay harness, just no relay button or foglights haha. So if anyone has any idea how I could hook up fog lights please help!:confused:

I ended up getting this wiring kit on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Blue-LED-Fog-Light-Wiring-Harness-Fuse-Laser-Rocker-Switch-Relay-NEW-/371894983555

It's pretty easy to figure out how wire up (since it had no real directions and I am not an electrical expert!). There are five leads (two red, two black, and one white that go to the switch which will fit in the slot in the gauge bezel where the factory driving light switch goes- it just sticks out a little. The large red wire goes to the battery and the small red wire goes to the positive lead to one of the headlights. Hooked up this way, the driving lights only come one when the headlights are on and you turn on the driving light switch.

If you want factory fog lights, look for a set of '97- '99 GT driving lights on Ebay for Craigslist. I found someone who sold me a pair for $86 shipped.

I bought a complete wiring kit as the Legacy L front wiring harness doesn't include any wiring the runs into the front bumper to hook up the lights. I didn't try utilize any of the factory wiring in the dash that would connect to the OEM switch.

The reason the fog light switch harness and relay is present is because the same relay runs the headlights as well. I looked at the wiring diagrams for the models with fog lights and it looks like Subaru omitted the one single wire that goes to the engine compartment.

Pin 4 (White/Black wire) on the fog light relay leads to pin 6 on F44

http://i.imgur.com/pwCdVPE.png

http://i.imgur.com/HFilqwT.png

Pin 6 on F44 leads to the connectors for the fog lights.

My guess is they omitted the wire on F44 to the front of the car or if it is there, it is terminated somewhere in the wire loom that leads through the bulkhead. Add/Find that wire and that's it! Factory fog lights by adding 1 wire and the OE switch.

My guess is that if the wire on F44 is there, it is terminated somewhere near the headlight connector as that is where it is split off from the harness, thus not fed down under the bumper to keep it out of the elements. Someone go check to see if I'm right.

I keep getting rained out.

If I do this I plan to run my own wire and pin it into F44 as setnev is describing. But I'm also using the right fog hole as an intake, so I'm not sure if I'll be doing this.

These afternoon rains are awesome, but not so awesome for working on cars. Hence, why I have my 3 car garage. I'm curious to see if anyone has the wire or not.

Yep, for years I've been lying in the mud and gravel to do work. It sucks. But worse is when it's 115 degrees out and the sun is bright enough that if I put down a wrench in about 90 seconds it's so hot I can't even touch it. Still, that's better than when I lived in Michigan and had to wear a scuba tank to breath in the summer. When it's "sooo humid" around here I laugh at people for complaining about it. I'll take 95 here over 78 in MI any time.

the michigan humidity doesnt bother me too much. the heat here doesnt bother me either. and you guys are spoiled up there with your 95 degree "heat waves" lol. i ride my motorcycle in 115 degrees

Archived