LegacyGT.com

New here, and to Subaru!

Hey all, apologies if this is the wrong spot to post. Just got my first Subaru today and I couldn't be more happy. It's a 06 GT wagon. Just wanted to say hi and hope to learn a thing or two here.

One quick question and I think we got it fixed, but after driving a bit there was white smoke coming from the oil line. We tightened the line and it seemed to eliminate most of it but there is still the smell and very minor smoke. Is it because it's just burning off the spill or should I be concerned? Thanks in advance.

Hey all, apologies if this is the wrong spot to post. Just got my first Subaru today and I couldn't be more happy. It's a 06 GT wagon. Just wanted to say hi and hope to learn a thing or two here.

One quick question and I think we got it fixed, but after driving a bit there was white smoke coming from the oil line. We tightened the line and it seemed to eliminate most of it but there is still the smell and very minor smoke. Is it because it's just burning off the spill or should I be concerned? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum! You're in the right place. Also might as well put a picture up of your new car. :) Congratulations on it and congrats on your first Subaru.

Not sure what to say about the oil line but always keep an eye on the oil level and be prepared to add a little bit of oil in between changes.

Here's a few things to look into sooner rather than later:

• Changing out the catted uppipe with an uppipe that does not have a catalytic converter. This is a preventative thing on the first few years of Fourth Generation Legacy GT's to avoid catalytic converter pieces/debris from hitting the turbo and causing it to fail.
  • The notorious turbo banjo bolt screen. The reason for this is that it can get clogged and starve the oil of turbo, again causing it to fail.

I'm excited for you! What are your thoughts on the car so far? :)

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

read my sig. Pay attention to the last part of it.

read the sticky's at the top's of the forum's.

Ask us before you buy anything for the car.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/idea-web-links-saved-various-parts-219238.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

It seems the problem is gone now, but I'll be keeping an eye on the oil and everything for sure.

So far the car has been an absolute blast to drive, and quite the joke among friends (dad wagon). I've always wanted a Subaru, so I'm stoked to have one finally.

I'll get a pic up once I figure out how to on here. Also, I love cars, but I'm not super car savvy, So there may be some silly questions asked.

I'll get a pic up once I figure out how to on here. Also, I love cars, but I'm not super car savvy, So there may be some silly questions asked.

Click on the paperclip icon, then click on the "Browse..." button under the "Upload File from your Computer" heading.

As for the questions feel free to ask anything. Sometimes something that you think is silly could have major consequences if not attended to. This is a very friendly forum so ask away.

Well, here she is! Yesterday was spent peeling off old, gross looking protective crap on the side mirrors. Seemed like that went on forever with goo gone and an old gift card. Tomorrow will be new brakes front and rear and probably a cruise w/ some friends. Day 3 and I'm still in the "OMG I own a Subaru" stage.

subbie.thumb.jpg.f383033eab2f5d6f7d6ab9e82c0edcd6.jpg

Looking good! I always wanted a wagon like that. I know what you mean. It's exciting. My girlfriend makes fun of me because whenever we go somewhere on the way out to the car like like, "Dang! Look at that Subaru!" Haha but it's my own car.

Thanks! I haven't shut up about it since the day I drove it home haha. Luckily, my buddies are all big car guys so they don't mind. As for everyone else...not so lucky. Just having something to call my own and being able to wrench/learn on w/ friends is awesome.

Yeah I remember the day I brought my car home with the new bright gold wheels. My non-car friends were appalled haha.

Haha I can only imagine. My friends in my home state don't really get the whole car thing, but the ones here do. I'm leaning towards gold/bronze wheels at some point. First on the list is a new up pipe and probably a catback system. The money I saved up for a car I didn't end up using (straight swap for my old car) so now it's time to have some fun.

Reliability first-timing belt and all those good things.

Something to consider is that for just a little more than a new catback, you can get a downpipe, accessport, and stage 2 tune. Great way to open up that power a little bit. Catback wont help with performance, only noise, and the exhausts on the wagons tend to have more drone from what I've read on here. Food for thought.

Reliability first-timing belt and all those good things.

Something to consider is that for just a little more than a new catback, you can get a downpipe, accessport, and stage 2 tune. Great way to open up that power a little bit. Catback wont help with performance, only noise, and the exhausts on the wagons tend to have more drone from what I've read on here. Food for thought.

Me and buddy are doing brakes and all that reliability stuff tomorrow after work. I'll definitely have to look into what you mentioned! I appreciate all of the advice so far.

In addition to the up pipe, get at least a stage 1 tune. In addition to power gains, it will extend the life of your #4 exhaust valves in particular and powertrain in general.

May be a silly question, but how do you go about getting the stage 1 tune and roughly how much?

Hello I don't really know how to use this or know if I am posting to the right place lol but I just joined the forum and I have a black 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i and I have a lot of questions about mods that would love some answers.

Harvey, there is not much you can do the 2.5i to make it faster. You can make it handle better and stop better...but...it will never be a GT.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived