LegacyGT.com

Dunlop Winter Sport M3's Good all year round?

Scooby2.5

Thinking of getting a set of these but do not want to switch tires in winter and summer. How do they do in the dry as far as cornering in comparison to the stock RE92s? How about milage do they wear out quickly? How about wet?

The reviews seem good but just wondering about all year around.

Thinking of getting a set of these but do not want to switch tires in winter and summer. How do they do in the dry as far as cornering in comparison to the stock RE92s? How about milage do they wear out quickly? How about wet?

Some people do use them that way (check user reviews on TireRack).

But you should also consider Nokian WR - the only all-season tire (with 50,000 miles tread warranty) which is also snow-rated (has a snowflake on the mountain symbol). It should work much better year-round than a dedicated snow tire.

My roommate had them, and they wear incredibly fast in the spring and summer. They are great in the winter, but once the temperature rises, I don't think you can expect much tread life out of them.

The WR's? I thought they were rated to 50k miles?

I am loving Nokian WRs. Way better than RE92s in dry. Let alone in the wet and on snow. And tread warranty for 50,000 miles. So, if you don't want to switch tires, give them a serious thought. Look for Nokian group buy in members classified forum to get a price comparable to M3s.

Has anyone run these tires all year round? How did they wear and what is the stated milage out of a set of these.

mwiener2 let me know how they do.

I do not want to switch wheels and tires I just want a fairly decent tire in the winter and summer. Ill look at some of the suggested tires. Thanks

i had to run them until aug on my last car. put them on end of oct. almost no wear over the winter, but by the time i sold them they had about 40% tread left. i did a lot of highway driving. 240 miles from psu to home. i had about 15k on them. i think i would have easily killed them if i tried to go a full year with them. however they were very quiet and great in the rain, so they perform all year around, but they wont last all year round. maybe just one year but thats it. as soon as i get rims i'll have m3's on the stockers. AWESOME IN SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Yeah, my roommate saw the same thing. He had to run them till July this year, so... no wear in the winter, but in the spring and summer, wore down to about 50%.

These tires could easily last 3-4 winters if you swap them off. I'd be suprised if they lasted 9 months all-year round.

I've got about just under 500 miles on the M3's so far and the little "break in symbols".... I'm gonna call them that. They look like the Mercedes Benz symbol. They're stamped all over the tread of the tire. So I guess once they've worn away, the tire is broken in.

Almost 500 miles on tires and wear-in symbols are pretty much gone. 260 miles of 75mph highway. about 25miles of 40mph dirt roads and 3 miles of unexpected off road. The rest is around town driving. it's been in the 60's durring the day and 40's at night. If that helps with gauging wear

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

You would be disappointed by their tread life when used as an all-year tire.

IMHO, if you live in an area that gets significant snowfall, it is worth the money to have one set of tires and rims for spring through fall, and a second set for the winter. Miles put on the snow tires aren't put on the summer tires, so you aren't losing all that much money.

So what would you all recommend for a tire that does fairly decent in the snow but could be used all year round. I live in KC MO and we do not get alot of snow but i do travel quite a bit into iowa ne and kansas and colorado

A snow tire will outhandle just about any summer tire in the dry. But at the end of the run, you might not have much tire left.

+1

And they tend to get awfully loud when the tread starts wearing down. In the winter I don't care about that. In the spring and summer, that would be another story...

Watching for some sort of good Dunlop sale that these qualify for over the next month, and will jump on a set then...

So what would you all recommend for a tire that does fairly decent in the snow but could be used all year round. I live in KC MO and we do not get alot of snow but i do travel quite a bit into iowa ne and kansas and colorado

Sounds like an all-season would suit you best.

Guys.. look into the Hankook W300 if you want affordable. Its around the $120/tire range for a 2254517

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

They don't seem to be too popular around here but I'm happy with my Yokohama H4s'. They are certainly an all season tire and rated for 60,000. They did great in moderate snow last year. Our streets are cleared pretty quickly around here but I've still been kicking around getting a dedicated snow tire like the M3's as they would do best with our weird Denver winters - 60 degrees one day and blizzard the next!

• 6 months later...
I purchased the goodyear triple treads. read really good reviews for this tire but was concerned about them being H rated instead of v or z. Well I purchased them a few months ago and have around 4000 miles on them and I could not be happier. I cant tell the difference at all, handling is the same and I have driven mustang cobras and lots of other high performance cars. But in the wet, never had a better tire. Its like you are on dry pavement. If I had to rate these on a 1-10 I would give them a 9 and after this next winter if they do what they say they do, Id give them a 10. If they last 80000. WOW!!

Archived