LegacyGT.com

VIN Decoder

None that I have seen. The closest thing is the chassis code. Otherwise a dealer could give you the info on your specific Legacy if you ask nicely and they feel like sharing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks for that VIN decoder, cww516. I saw what I needed to see. I'm preparing to sell my 3.6R Limited and wanted to make sure I have the facts in-order.

I'm the 2nd owner and this was my DD for ~2yrs (there're ~75k miles on it now). I bought it from the dealer with ~55k miles on it and haven't had to do much to/for it. The digits are 4S3BMDK6XA2nnnnnn.

Care to offer any insights on private party sales? Reasonable advice appreciated...

Thanks for that VIN decoder, cww516. I saw what I needed to see. I'm preparing to sell my 3.6R Limited and wanted to make sure I have the facts in-order.

I'm the 2nd owner and this was my DD for ~2yrs (there're ~75k miles on it now). I bought it from the dealer with ~55k miles on it and haven't had to do much to/for it. The digits are 4S3BMDK6XA2nnnnnn.

Care to offer any insights on private party sales? Reasonable advice appreciated...

Clean everything inside and out, get it serviced, have all receipts that you have available. Carfax or carcheck report available, matching and evenly worn tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Cool, I never noticed the VIN information before.

Yeah, it's hiding pretty good. I actually never knew there was anything on there for 2010+ until this morning. A quick google search for "cars101 VIN" will get you at least part of the way there, I have yet to find a way to get there starting at the homepage.

FLlegacy, Muchly appreciated. Good tips and all common sensical. I've kept it clean and maintained as I needed reliability. My commute is 80% highway so confidence in equipment is mandatory.

Archived