LegacyGT.com

Factory headlight replacements, best site?

Going to buy a new pair of headlights for my 08 GT to customize. I found some on rockauto...however there's only the left side. There are ones that are 135.00 each but say they're for an outback....are those interchangable with my car?

If you have a different site I can go to and pick up a pair (BRAND NEW btw) please link it :) thanks in advance

I'm curious to see where this goes... I've had two 4th gen Legacys now with one aftermarket headlight and they both SUUUUCKED. It's like there's a flashlight taped to the bumper instead of a nice crisp projector beam. I tore one open once and found the lens to be pretty poorly made; ended up getting a replacement from Subaru.

If you find something please let us know how it turns out! I need to replace my drivers side in a bad way.

http://www.rockauto.com/m/mobilecatalog.php

The link you posted is for a 2005...Mines a 2008 which has different housings. In my link however, (which is for my car)

they have the outback versions as the first 2...(will these work on my sedan?")

a weird lamp that makes no sense to me as the 3rd one?...

TYC but only the left hand side...

then the 2 bottom ones that are "various manufacturer" which doesn't sound reliable...so I'm not sure what ones to get that'll fit.

There's just no way I'm going to fork out 350 bucks a headlight...700 all together for OEM lights.

I'm just going to tear apart and replace the projector and lighting already and customize them so I don't think it'll make a difference for my case.

If you're going to be retrofitting different projectors, then yeah it won't matter. What will matter, though, is the UV coating on the headlight lens. I have a set of TYC headlights that I bought for a retrofit project on my 2015 Forester and the clear coat failed within a year.

You might be able to get away with just spraying on a 2K clear coat over the existing clear coat. There are some guys on the HIDPlanet forum who have had success with clear film over the lenses, but showed that it affects light output negatively.

My profession is automotive accessories which includes chip guard or "clear bra". Our supplier is Llumar and they have the most up to date and enhanced products when it comes to their tint and chipguard that we install. I just plan on doing my new TYC headlights when I get them to prevent the UV coating from fading. We've chipped other headlights on retrofit projects and it didn't seem to affect the light output with either brightness or projectivity.

I guess we'll see! I'm sure I'll be posting pics eventually once my lights are done

Archived