LegacyGT.com

Will these rims fit?

Hey guys this is my first time posting a question on the actual forum. I'm a mechanic and actually haven't had a problem figuring anything out mechanically but I'm not too good with wheel fitments. I have an 05 legacy gt wagon and I'm looking at rims that are 18x8.75 5x100 and et35. I know 100% I'm looking at rolling and possibly even pulling the fenders but I'm not worried about that what I am worried about is whether or not these are going to hit my struts. I am soon to be lowered on H&R springs with koni inserts so coilovers are out of the question, so will these hit??? Any advice appreciated. If the overwhelming majority says they'll hit the struts do you think 8.5 will be good or will I have to go 8? I would think 8.5 works since I've heard a lot of people running them but anyways let me know what you think, that's the end of my spiel, thanks for the help guys.

Welcome aboard, not sure what tire you plan on running, but take a look here.

http://www.willtheyfit.com

This is a great thread filled with tons of info.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-offsets-sizes-rims-and-tires-gt-xenonk-version-4426.html

I'm sure that some of our trusted and more senior members will chime in.

Good Luck

Those would clear your struts just fine. I ran a 18x8.5 et45 w/ 225/40s on bilstein struts and tein springs briefly and they cleared no problem, your wheels will sit further out and have more clearance for the strut. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the help guys. That's pretty much what I figured but now you've got me worried if rolling and pulling will be what I want to do. How bout we just swap cars magnusonsubie ;). I want an aggressive wheel fitment but I don't want to go so far as to have to seriously stretch my tires. I don't mind a little stretch but you get it. I've searched so many setups and just can't make up my damn mind, will someone just tell me what wheels I want please!

Archived