LegacyGT.com

CV Axle Replacement P0500 Engine code

Having a new issue after replacing CV axle on 2005 Legacy GT 5mt, wondering if someone could point me in the right direction

Started with CV boot tearing, bought full CV axle from Autozone, Duralast, not the refurbished one. The Axle nut was rusted onto the axle, requiring a torch to get it off. After removing the next few bolts, parts, etc. , the splines connecting CV axle to wheel bearing were seized together, also requiring a torch to separate the splines on the wheel bearing and axle. I replaced the CV axle and bolted everything back together.

Immediately upon starting the car, the check engine light came on with the code P0500 for vehicle speed sensor, along with the flashing cruise control and abs light. I have read on other forums that the wheel bearing has a magnetic strip that regulates cruise control, abs, etc.

Could the extreme heat of torching the wheel bearing thrown something off with this sensor? Is there some other part that could have been damaged in this replacement that caused the issue?

Thanks

If you didn't remove the ABS sensor from the hub when you went all flamethrower on it, that's probably dead.

Is the abs sensor that clip that attaches from the wire with the white stripe? Or is it located inside of the wheel bearing and id need to replace the wheel bearing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This picture is from the rear, but it should still give you an idea. It's the little black piece hanging down at around 11 o'clock.

http://s185.photobucket.com/user/92Si/media/DSCN4640.jpg.html

Image borrowed from the thread below

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/replacing-rear-wheel-bearing-155727p2.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Is the abs sensor that clip that attaches from the wire with the white stripe? Or is it located inside of the wheel bearing and id need to replace the wheel bearing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I think there's only one wire that is connected to all that and it's for the abs sensor. It's the one that's connected down with a 10mm bolt if I recall correctly. That's the part you probably need to replace. I think the whee bearing hub just has a magnet that revolves around the axle when it turns so the sensor can see the speed based on that. The abs operates based on the speed of the wheels.

Archived