LegacyGT.com

Quirks with these cars......fun post!

Anybody else have a drivers side outside mirror that whistle's at 50mph ? It was something the early 05's did, there was a thread about it back in the day.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Anybody else have a drivers side outside mirror that whistle's at 50mph ? It was something the early 05's did, there was a thread about it back in the day.

I'll have to pay more attention to speed, but yes mine does have a whistle sometimes! I can't hear it when the windows are up though.

That's where that noise is coming from. Thought for sure it was a bad seal in the door.

No, I had a weatherstip issue at the back window I need to fix when I do get it running again. Body shop tore it and insurance clearly didn't want to cover it. Car broke before I could really deal with it and them. Still need to do a paint warranty claim as well.

Thanks for posting. That's a much different gauge / center console display compared to my Outback XT.

Yeah there was a refresh a few years after ours. Even the steering wheels changed up.

I dislike how the red ring around speedometer disappears at the bottom (manual transmission only) I almost cried when I thought I would have to pull the dash apart to replace the bulb or even have to get a new cluster.

Also the common rod knock and catastrophic turbo failure. I drove my car for a week after I bought it until it blew up.

I wish the rear seats were heated. And that we had cup holders in the doors or storage space.

And my Navi is pretty much useless, wish it was a boost, oil gauge or even a cubby.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yeah the whole turning an average joe into a mechanic part, I missed that section in the brochure. I still have it and can't find the small print where that was hiding.

• 3 years later...
It's the space between the mirror and bracket, that "folding hinge"... sometimes there's a part number sticker in between there too, that flutters and whistles.

Yes and this sound is very annoying. To be honest I don't have any ideas how to stop it. You know at my old car I even changed the windows. The sound disappeared for a while but then it appeared again. Don't know why. Thank God now I have a new car and I don't know what does this mean. I have a friend who shared new lamborghini and I was really surprised. I have chosen the Aventador S model. It is incredible. Do you want me to show you some pictures of it. If you ask me about the price it was the best price ever.

Edited by axii