LegacyGT.com

Community turbine housing

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I have it, the housing has a crack in the wastegate and noone has wanted to use it. So I have been sitting on it, since I don't really need to port mine at this point. Personally given the history of subaru and cracked waste gates I wouldn't worry much about it, but its your call. I would be happy to send it on to the next person, even if you just installed it temporarily and had your own ported and sent me back the same one. But completely up to you.

• 3 weeks later...
I have it, the housing has a crack in the wastegate and noone has wanted to use it. So I have been sitting on it, since I don't really need to port mine at this point. Personally given the history of subaru and cracked waste gates I wouldn't worry much about it, but its your call. I would be happy to send it on to the next person, even if you just installed it temporarily and had your own ported and sent me back the same one. But completely up to you.

Would you happen to have any pictures of that crack? From what I'm finding it is a common problem so maybe I won't worry about it.

Just an update:

This did cure my overboost. My current tune targets 17.33psi and the highest I have seen is in the 18s. My tuner said not to worry unless it's in the 19s.

Archived