LegacyGT.com

Lights no worky. Please help.

All my lights are out. Headlights, foglights, running lights, dash lights, you name it. The parking lights on top of the steering column work, as do the hazards, turn signals, and high beams (only momentary switch works. Pushing the switch forward does nothing). Brake lights also work. This happened when I was trying to troubleshoot a headlight issue and bridged a wire in place of one of the HL relays. I figured it was a fuse but all fuses are good, including the stupid big ones. Checked most of the applicable relays by switching them with AC relays (same part) and nothing makes a difference. I am down to jiggling the switch around to see if that works but nothing happens no matter what I do.

The car does run thankfully, and I havent noticed it throw any new CELs, not that I could check them anyway :(

I don't have a picture but here's an ebay listing, the "illumi con unit" is missing from this kick panel but it is normally mounted to the right of where the other things are mounted, where there is a single mounting hole. I used to have a spare illumi unit but I guess I lost it :/

This is what the unit looks like http://ebay.am-autoteile.de/ImageGallery/images/665a350a-971b-4402-bbf8-a38933664250/large.jpeg

And here is the listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-99-SUBARU-LEGACY-OUTBACK-UNDER-STEERING-COLUMN-LOWER-DASH-KICK-PANEL-/291856176081?fits=Year%3A1998%7CMake%3ASubaru%7CModel%3ALegacy&hash=item43f3fbd3d1:g:hzEAAOSwV0RXv4gK&vxp=mtr

I didnt see any sparks. Its possible it shorted the switch though. I figured it would blow the fuse but I have no idea what happened. Wipers and everything work I just have no headlights or running lights. Im about to swap a different ecm over and see if that has any effect on it. I have a spare laying around so why not right? If that fails I will have to see if its this switch... that involves taking the damn steering wheel off. :/

By back to normal I mean Im still having bad issues with wiring but at least now I can troubleshoot it. My low beams are very dim using both fillaments and my high beams are actually my low beams. Ive quadruple checked both sides and I have it wired right. Any ideas on that?

Archived