LegacyGT.com

Wheel doubts

So I am having doubts now about a wheel fitment that my tire shop recommended. Before I proceed, yes I have checked out the wheel fitment stickies and could not find a similar setup listed.

My tire shop recommended a 7.5" drag Dr-69 wheel with a +40 offset and said it will fit just fine with no rubbing using a standard 215/45 tire, but when I picked up the car, the tires looked quite a bit more flush than I would have thought (it actually looks pretty sweet). I then found info (on the internetz, grain of salt taken) that says the LGT 17" wheels have a +55 offset stock which is considerably more than the +48 that I thought they were...

Is it true that stock offset is +55 and not +48? Am I going to need to roll my fenders at some point? What if I were to put a .5-1" drop on my suspension at some point? I do not have rubbing so far but I haven't bottomed out the suspension on a corner yet.

All this tire stuff is still confusing despite the many threads on the topic. Anyone have any insight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why it's a sticky in the wheel and tire forum :D

Too many sections... I saw the sticky in the 4th gen forum but neglected to dig deeper in to the other categories.

This place has more sub forums than any I've been a member of so far, haha. Thanks for the patience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The +55mm offset for stock is with regard to the center of the stock 7" rim, and your Drags are wider, so really the +55mm to +40mm difference isn't telling the whole story, that's why they appear more pushed out than just the 15mm difference in offset.

That said, you're probably fine. If you want to check, load up the car and see if it rubs when it's fully laden. If it does, I'd change wheels before rolling fenders. Just my .02c though!

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Archived