LegacyGT.com

What is everyone running for swaybars?

Thinking about adding a rear swaybar, I know the basics, but I'm just curious as to what everyone else is doing and how they like their setup. Thinking about lowering about an inch as well. Ive heard that you dont really need to do the front one on our cars, really only the rear, and maybe swap the front with one out of a tribeca? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Check out the suspension forum, you'll get more info there in the stickys etc.

I have a BL (07) and I just have a Rallitek 19mm solid in the rear. Not lowered.

Handling is very nice. Close to neutral as the front is 20, but can make the rear go out if needed with use of the throttle. I have a 5mt.

O.

Thanks for your input! Unfortunately, I had been reading through those forums, but it seemed there was much less info about third gen than fourth. A lot of the parts I've looked at are only available 05+, hence my post here.

I have stock 19mm in front and a 16mm from a 03+outback in the rear. You can get a 17mm from a baja. All BE5 BH5 sway bars bolt up with the same end links you just need the right bushings from the car you got the bar from.

White line makes after market and so does Cusco but those need to be imported

Thanks for the replies! So, in general, is a larger (than stock) rear always better than stock? I know it kind of depends on what you want, but I'm not sure where to start. I still do have access to my baja, so I could rip the rear bar out of that. I just want something that can rip around corners. I'm not really planning on doing any engine mods/swaps in the near future.

Archived