LegacyGT.com

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good. Can you tell me how you did it? I'm putting in DDM Tuning 55w 4500k in mine but stumped... Trying to collect parts so I don't have any issues to complete the job.

This is a Test Fit only Not installed yet.

But HUGE Improvement!!!

HID is in the right side headlight on both pictures. The projector makes an incredible cutoff line - It's so defined with the brighter light.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy26/kent55/IMG_20170123_205708342.jpg

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy26/kent55/IMG_20170123_205514290.jpg

Looks good. Can you tell me how you did it? I'm putting in DDM Tuning 55w 4500k in mine but stumped... Trying to collect parts so I don't have any issues to complete the job.

This is a Test Fit only Not installed yet.

But HUGE Improvement!!!

HID is in the right side headlight on all 3 pictures. The projector makes an incredible cutoff line - It's so defined with the brighter light.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy26/kent55/IMG_20170123_205708342.jpg

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy26/kent55/IMG_20170123_205514290.jpg

I basically just bought a plug and play kit pretty easy to install actually lemme know if you have questions I could help you out. Basically all you need is that kit your ordering and your good to go everything else is simple.

I know some of you may disagree because they blind other drivers but I have not had any issues yet

Way better light output then stock halogen

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don't have a relay or anything hooked up to it either I don't think I need one being that's it's only 35w

Right, you should be fine without the relays. I am using the 55w kit so I'm using the extra harness. Instead of the wires going through the headlight/Dust cover 3 times I'm trying to come up with a way to splice into the headlight harness on the outside without disabling it for future use. This way only 2 wires go through the dust cover not 6 (requiring 2 new holes drilled).

You might have enough clearance to splice into the harness and not to drill anything maybe just drill a little hole this way it won't effect anything in the future if you decide to go back to halogen

When are you installing the kit?

Yeah I would do the same thing this way if something goes wrong you have a spare where you located?

Not sure about the difference between the light output on the 35 vs 55w but the 35w are definitely bright enough for me

I need to do this as well. Is there much difference in output from the 35w to 55w kit?

I've been using DDM Tuning brand for at least 5 years on other vehicles with minimal issues with 35w. Since this car has projectors I decided to up bump up to the 55w and use a wiring harness. This statement is from their website "The 55W Kits will produce 40% more light output than the 35W kits."

Also, something to know is that the power increase will whiten the color a notch. For example 6,000k will look more like 5,000k when using a 55w ballast. I have the 4500k and upgraded to the Ultra bulbs with the standard 55w ballast. Here is another statement from their website: "Output: Output up to 3400 Lumens when used on a 35W ballast and 5000 Lumens on a 55W ballast.ddmtuning.com HID

Yeah I would do the same thing this way if something goes wrong you have a spare where you located?

Not sure about the difference between the light output on the 35 vs 55w but the 35w are definitely bright enough for me

I'm in Ohio lots of salt on the winter roads, Oh the other thing holding me up is I've wanted to disable the DRLs on my 07 which are the low beams. What did you do?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Trying to do a ddm HID kit for my 08. I want to go with 55w 8500k. Any suggestions?

I usually don't respond so bluntly but in this case that answer is, don't do that.

That has to be about the worse thing you could do. Not only will you not be able to see much more then purple, all the drivers around you will be blinded as if they were looking at the sun.

If you go ahead and do it I really hope you get a ticket or someone smashes your lights. If you do any research at all no one will ever suggest to put those bulbs in anything.

If you actually want to see better at nice and not just piss off everyone around you there is a lot of good info in this forum. Also hidplanet and Daniel stern.

Thks, thats why I asked. Not trying to blind everyone but wanted the best possible lighting. What would you suggest as the best way to go??

Pretty cheap way to upgrade your lighting CORRECTLY. Kits are pretty good quality. Especially for under $300. Call and they’ll put you in the right direction and give you 10-15% coupon code.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com

They have the Legacy Quik kit that has everything you need. Get all the extra stuff so you get the complete kit. Especially the bright harnesses to run your OEM high beams and the flapped open bi xenons. They’re awesome.

Don’t be scared. If you’re halfway handy you can do a retrofit. About a 4/10 difficulty rating

Feel free to PM me if you need help or guidance. I’ve done like 5 of em. The TRS Legacy Quik Kit is the easiest one I’ve done by far

Trying to do a ddm HID kit for my 08. I want to go with 55w 8500k. Any suggestions?

And please don’t run 8500K bulbs whatever you decide to do. Don’t ask why....just don’t. Haha

5500K at MOST and 35W will more than suffice. Some people will say don’t even run that high and run 4300K only

Here is a link to the posts I made when I installed my DDM Standard ballast 55w with 4500k Ultra series bulbs. Like what others are saying 8500k is way too Blue. You lose usable light above 6000k. 4500k/4300k is what factory HIDs are = pure white. If you are wanting some blueish look, 5000k or 5500k Ultra will do the trick. Look at my comparison photos and you can see how much "bluer" 4500k looks next to halogen.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/installing-hids-need-help-wires-housing-259473.html?t=259473

This is the BEST way to upgrade your headlights though. From Wooosh

Pretty cheap way to upgrade your lighting CORRECTLY. Kits are pretty good quality. Especially for under $300. Call and they’ll put you in the right direction and give you 10-15% coupon code.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com

They have the Legacy Quik kit that has everything you need. Get all the extra stuff so you get the complete kit. Especially the bright harnesses to run your OEM high beams and the flapped open bi xenons. They’re awesome.

Don’t be scared. If you’re halfway handy you can do a retrofit. About a 4/10 difficulty rating

Feel free to PM me if you need help or guidance. I’ve done like 5 of em. The TRS Legacy Quik Kit is the easiest one I’ve done by far

Archived