LegacyGT.com

235/35/18 ?

dvdt

Anyone using 235/35/18 size tires?

I'm leaning toward getting this tire size at the moment.

Based on my research in this forum, so far, the only two issues I can find are:

1) it's hard to find a tire this size

2) less sidwall increases the chance of dinging the rims.

So does anyone have any real world experience w/ this size?

Thanks

what size rim are you looking at??

i run a 245/35/18 on a 18x8, the sidewall is literally perfectly straight up and down with the rim face.

i was looking for a 235/35/18, but the price was to expensive and only a few manufacturers offered that size...now that i've seen the 245's on a 8" wide rim, i'm kinda glad i didn't go 235, cuz then i'd have that "stretched" sidewall look...Yuck!

so basically, how wide a rim are you thining of....and how much $$ do you gotta burn?!?

~Sucka-Duck~

what size rim are you looking at??

Rims are 18x8ET48.

Yeah, I am still considering doing 245s but I plan on getting lowering springs next, and well...rolling the fenders scares me at this point. Mainly because I know little about the process and where to go to get it done right, how much it costs...ect.

Just dont drive so close to gutters, easier said than done I know and understand........

The new LibertySTi will be running Pirelli P Zero Rosso 215/45 R18 93W

Dont know too much about these tyres either, any info avail ?

Ada///M.

if you are going to run springs next, the 245's will be fine...BoxrPwr is running a 18x8.5 offset 48 with 245/35/18, he has coilovers and no need for fender rolling...

have you considered a 225/40/18??...a few on here are running that tire size on a 18x8 and it looks sex-E...

~Sucka-Duck~

you can use this link to calculate different tire sizes, and this one includes rim width for calculatrions:

http://members.aol.com/agspeed/tiresize.htm

if you get a chance, look at Mattg's ride, he runs a 18x8 with 225/40/18, i dont think it looks stretched at all...

NOTE: when i picked up my Prodrive PFF-7's (18x8) from prodrive in Santa Ana, Dan and prodrive recommended using a 225/40/18 tire for the rims...

but i said NAH, i'm stuffing a 245 in there!...

Carry on!

~Sucka-Duck~

Archived