LegacyGT.com

2008 JDM EDM Fender Fitment

It will not. The little turn-up detail at the bottom outer corner of the headlights is further aft on USDM cars.

So I will need a JDM conversion with headlights or can it be modified?

http://image.dhgate.com/aktdesc_1052303274_00.jpg

Underdog, how about fitting an EDM/JDM 2005 front subaru outback bumper to a 2005 USDM subaru outback? Would it fit without any mods to fenders and stuff like that? As far as I can tell, the only mod needed may be to take out the foam off the bumper beam. sorry to hijack :)

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/cuEAAOSwo4pYK0cx/s-l1600.jpg

So I will need a JDM conversion with headlights or can it be modified?

http://image.dhgate.com/aktdesc_1052303274_00.jpg

I'm sure it could but it would be costly to be done right and then if anything happens you'll need another one custom made. Switching over to all JDM (except USDM hood, since it works) give you lots of options with fenders, front bumpers, and grilles.

Underdog, how about fitting an EDM/JDM 2005 front subaru outback bumper to a 2005 USDM subaru outback? Would it fit without any mods to fenders and stuff like that? As far as I can tell, the only mod needed may be to take out the foam off the bumper beam. sorry to hijack :)

Front bumper, on a preface Outback or Legacy, should be a straight swap between USDM and JDM (except the foam absorber, if you are using a USDM front beam).

I'm sure it could but it would be costly to be done right and then if anything happens you'll need another one custom made. Switching over to all JDM (except USDM hood, since it works) give you lots of options with fenders, front bumpers, and grilles.

Thank you!!!

That clarifies everything for me... I will just need a front bumper and headlights to complete this project.. Which are HARD to find right now at a decent price...

Are the headlights a direct swap or will I need something like a new harness?

Thank you!!!

That clarifies everything for me... I will just need a front bumper and headlights to complete this project.. Which are HARD to find right now at a decent price...

Are the headlights a direct swap or will I need something like a new harness?

I don't know of a harness that could easily be swapped. The wiring on USDM and JDM headlights are different. I ended up modifying my JDM headlights so that I could fit my USDM switchback turn signal.

I don't know of a harness that could easily be swapped. The wiring on USDM and JDM headlights are different. I ended up modifying my JDM headlights so that I could fit my USDM switchback turn signal.

Thanks for all the help...

Would a 08-09 JDM Legacy Outback bumper and fender work? Those years don't seem to have the flares as prior versions.

Thanks for all the help...

Would a 08-09 JDM Legacy Outback bumper and fender work? Those years don't seem to have the flares as prior versions.

No, this won't work. The 08-09 JDM Outback fenders don't come with flares but they have the holes for the OEM ones to clip on so you couldn't use them on a Legacy without filling those holes. The JDM bumper also has the flares built in.

Archived