LegacyGT.com

Gas mileage check on 2.5

Upstater, agreed. Seeing about the same in lower NY metro area. I drove my son's 2015 Legacy for a few days. I was concerned when all i was seeing was about 24 mpgs. Then i filled up with BP regular and saw an improvement. I achieved about 35 mpg at highway speeds at 65 or so, no hard throttles. It does diminish at local / city roads with some traffic. Thats normal.

Everyone should keep in mind, that in this area of the country, Winter Blend gasoline is used. That blend does reduce your mileage by at least 10-15 %.

Personatech, agreed. Low tire pressures affect mpgs. You should check tires when cold as we all know. Outside temps of course will show different readings. At 50 degree, the pressures will be different than at 30 or 20 for sure. I keep the pressures at 34 lbs all around generally measured at the cold temps. It does make the ride harder though.

Winter Blend gasoline ... does reduce your mileage by at least 10-15 %.

1-3 %, yes. 10-15 %, no. There are multiple factors that affect seasonal mileage, and fuel blend is only one of them.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

1-3 %, yes. 10-15 %, no. There are multiple factors that affect seasonal mileage, and fuel blend is only one of them.

I agree here - the winter blend impact is marginal. The two main contributors are warm-up program for the engine and gearbox to reach the operating temperature faster (something for tuners to look at) and oil viscosity in engine and transmission (something everyone can do something about).

453747.png

I live in western Washington where we have lots of hills in our area. We are getting around 28-29 average. My wife is the main driver, and does not use cruise control on the highway. She's constantly giving it a bit of gas and letting off, not a smooth driver like most others. That's just the way she drives. Anyway, I notice that when I drive using cruise control all the time, I get closer to 32mpg.

Dont do it! I really regret getting the 2.5L. Its the biggest thing i dislike about the car. I can deal with slow if it gets great mileage and i can deal with higher fuel bills for power, this is the worst of both. Its just too small of an engine for this car.
i kinda feel the same while my 05' LGT is getting rebuilt I've been using my '08 Tribeca with it's tiny tank it always lives at the gas station normally I get about 16.7-17.5 MPG it has me thinking how I got 23-27 MPG in my LGT I'd take that any day of the week

Just filled up so I'm throwing my stats in here. Computer said 23.3 but hand calculated was 21.8. It's winter and the car still only has ~1600 miles on it so I'm not too concerned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
I've had mine for seven months now....Over 14k....Majority freeway miles during the week with a round trip drive of around 84 miles......Two major mountain ranges...Average is from 29.5 to just under 32 mpg....Using Chevron regular unleaded..Drive like a old fart(because I'm one...lol) doing 62 to 65 mph...Cruise control all the time.....Try keeping tire pressures at 34-35 lbs....Hate those Goodyears that came with it.....That's another subject....

I just filled up yesterday for the first tank. Had around 530 miles and still had a 1/4 tank of gas left. Got a little over 34 mpg for mostly highway driving around 60mph. Will be more than impressed if it stays this way or improves as the engine breaks in. Right now it only has about 500 miles on it so far but I'll break 1,000 next week.

I've had mine for seven months now....Over 14k....Majority freeway miles during the week with a round trip drive of around 84 miles......Two major mountain ranges...Average is from 29.5 to just under 32 mpg....Using Chevron regular unleaded..Drive like a old fart(because I'm one...lol) doing 62 to 65 mph...Cruise control all the time.....Try keeping tire pressures at 34-35 lbs....Hate those Goodyears that came with it.....That's another subject....

Tell me about the goodyears please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell me about the goodyears please

The OEM tires are Goodyear LS2's - TireRack.com rates them among the worst of that class of tire. When it's time to replace them, I'll go with either Michelin Pilots or Continental DWS.

Archived