LegacyGT.com

Headlight uprgrades

Keep in mind that LEDs absolutely have to be positioned so the emitters are at 3 and 9 o'clock or they'll suck because of mirror placement inside. In my experience, HIDs work much better in the OEM projectors.

fedaykin. Regarding projectors, we've had this conversation 15 times. Once again... USDM projectors are different than JDM/AUDM projectors. We have different lights entirely and the design of the cutoff is completely different. The USDM projectors work fine with HIDs with, while not the BEST, still a perfectly fine cutoff.

He keeps spouting the same crap out of ignorance.

I have had TRS/ morimoto HID's(not the retro-quik) for a couple years now. I have been happy with them. The cutoff is great. People do not flash highbeams at me. They were very easy to install.

Soon I will be ordering 2014 OEM headlight$$$(looking for a subaru parts coupon..). For those I plan on doing the retro-quik. with the 55w ballasts.

There's more to lighting than cutoff, but hey, like I said, I'm not driving your car. Hell, I'm not completely satisfied with my OEM HIDs and will look to adding a foreground limiter on it (or changing the projectors themselves).

I haven't seen anyone post direct comparison pictures (i.e. one with halogen and one with LED or HID, a mixture of all three would be good but it's asking a bit much). I'm also surprised Subaru would have a different projector for the US market (would make sense to use the same projector everywhere, since they use H7 bulb).

Happy to be proven wrong though.

The frosted projector in USDM cars just blurs the cutoff. I have LEDs in an HID projector in my Anzos and I'm pretty happy with them. I will be going with the Morimoto 2-strokes later on.

I asked Broc but couldn't get a definite answer from him. Are the covers for the low beam the same size on the Anzo's as the OEM?

• 2 weeks later...

Colour looks nice, the cutoff is good, since it's a projector. Issue I have is the foreground. The light shouldn't be anywhere near that bright where the bottom side of rectangles on your garage door is.

Move the car back 1-2 car lengths and take a pic. Throw a halogen bulb in one for comparison as well (lock the exposure/ISO).

Also your driver's side is slightly higher than passenger side :p

Archived