LegacyGT.com

Front LCA Rear Bushing

What's the general consensus on replacement rear bushings?

My issue as always is, I live in New Zealand so access to good aftermarket parts is always a headache. I can get genuine parts with no trouble though, has anyone replaced the rear bushing (on the OEM steel LCA) with the encased spherical bearing as used on the STI?

People who investigated found the pillowballs are not a direct fit in the OEM lower control arms. It seems possible to swap LCAs but that will require some additional work.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2011-sti-pillow-ball-lca-bushing-fits-legacyi-141836p4.html

I know people have used the Group N bushing which are the same design as the stock bushings except harder rubber and not as compliant. They can be pressed into your existing LCAs.

LCA rear bushing = OEM part number ST20204ZR010 or 20204ZR010

LCA front bushing = OEM part number ST20204ZR000 or 20204ZR000

If you search the Internet for these P/N you can find some discussions.

Not the same as the steel pillowball, but an improvement over stock.

Other people have replaced the stock LCA rear bushing with the Whiteline Anti-Lift kit. AVO used to sell a similar kit, not sure if they still do.

Hope this helps.

There is also a diy polyurethane kit. Good chance to make a how-to for the forum.

Where is this? Covertrussian's thread? I think he decided he did not like that solution and there were many reasons to go with an engineered solution rather than his janky low tech garage try.

Archived