LegacyGT.com

Transmission Feels Heavy...

MaasaiWarrior

Guys, I've had my lgt for 3 years now and have loved every minute of it, but its always have felt like its had a very heavy shift. It's never been super smooth between the gears, I generally have to pause the shift ever so slightly between final points when changing gears.

The fluid is in good shape and clear, I did change it about 20k ago, has anyone else had this issue or is it just normal with our cars?

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Every 5MT I've driven has seemed to sort of 'fight' me if I try shifting too quickly, however never to the point that it was a serious issue. What fluid did you put in last time? From what I've heard the 5MT can be pretty sensitive to fluid types/brands etc.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Motul gear 300 is what you want to use in the tranny.

And Moore Performance Blast Plates will make it shift cleanly every time. I love the blast plates on my 5mt.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Guys, I generally have to pause the shift ever so slightly between final points when changing gears.

This is a good description of how I shift my 5mt. I think of it as two movements to change gear instead of just one. Pretty annoying when trying to shift quickly at high RPMs.

Archived