LegacyGT.com

Drive shaft replacement

I just picked up a '05 legacy sedan for a beater car. Pretty decent car, very reasonable price, but it had a shimmy to her so that's what lead to the investigation and finding a bad U joint in the rear.

I started looking for one, been reading on them and it's kinda grey. It's an 05 but I have to hunt a shaft by the production date which is 04/04. I read in other forums where all shafts are pretty much interchanging as long as it's mt to mt and at to at. At this point I'm not interested in buying one from the dealer. Or a new one period, I've called locally to salvage yards and used parts and I'm out of luck locally.

If by chance one of you guys here in the forum have one could you please let me know and let me know how much you want for it if you consider selling it. thank you in advance. If I posted in the wrong place I'm also sorry for that as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could post a WTB (Wanted To Buy) thread in the 2005-2009 Classified section.

http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/member-classifieds-2005-2009-30.html

You might have better luck there. It also might be worth posting your approximate location (and you'll need to if you post in the Classifieds). Even at a used price I'm sure you and a seller would rather not have to ship a drive shift.

You could click on your username and view your public profile --> then edit it to have your location in it too.

I had to delete my browser shortcut to the Classified section because I kept buying things... :lol:

Good luck to you!

EDIT: Sometimes good local shops (that work on Subarus and other imports) can tip you off to a good salvage yard that you might not have been aware of.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thank you guys for the responses and information. After speaking with a dealer and getting the exact part number I was able to find one. I went used due to cost lol. I couldn't see spending almost 7 bills on it. I only paid 500 for the car. It's just a spare beater to have as a back up car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived