LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy Gt mod list suggestions

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I looked everywhere all I could get was the serial number. The vin is 4s3bmfh64a1212923 im pretty sure it came from pasedena my mechanic told me he brought it from a dude that moved to florida from cali and sold it to him right after.

For handiling A good set of rubber will help you, if you already have coilovers you could do the sway bars, I run Cusco F + R with and strut brace mated with whiteline heavy duty endlinks with stock springs and shocks, made a huge difference, in overall handling but i cant compare with coilovers as i've never driven a 5th gen with a set. Fuel pump: dw300 is what I run. Injectors: 1000cc seem to be pretty common from what i've seen from people on the forum, necessary if you plan on E85. Power: tune, full tbe, tmic, bov, fuel pump and you'll get good numbers with a good tuner. I'd also do a heavy duty clutch or at least put money aside for it as people have had mixed results here with power and stock clutches from memory. Keep an eye on engine mechanicals under power, the ringlands are a week point, (ask me how I know......) you should easily achieve 268hp and greater depending on what you do. Ask some of the more experienced guys and look up the dedicated build threads others have posted to see builds and gather ideas.

Thanks fantasyxiv I just but a new set of pirelli's on. And I also have a whiteline RSB.

As for power I just got an etune from tuning alliance gotta load it on to the car.

Im still unsure of what downpipe to get and if I should go catted or not. I was thinking of keeping it all invidia but not sure.

Yeah Im definitely gonna do the injectors and fuel pump but I may do flex fuel for convenience. And I definitely gotta start saving for a new clutch.

I also ordered a master cylinder brace, perrin shifter stop and short shift adapter. We will see how that install goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got the Perrin short shift adapter, stop plate installed and also did the clutch damper delete.

Master cylinder brace coming tuesday.

Still looking for a catted j-pipe as well as interior specifically the two front seats.

yeah I have been looking into the avo one but still haven't made up my mind.

The master cylinder brace is just as Flegacy stated it stops the master cylinder from flexing so much when braking. I got it from ebay no name brand so we will see how it does quality and performance wise.

Lol ^ it is a brace for the master cylinder, that's it. It stops the flex of the brake master cylinder when you press hard on the brakes. Supposed to help firm up the pedal feel and transfer more power to the brakes.

So FLEGACY. Lol because it is good or because everyone knows that already? (except me)

So FLEGACY. Lol because it is good or because everyone knows that already? (except me)

Lol, because it is just whats it's name says. I don't know if it works as described I don't think I have ever pushed the brakes that hard. I would assume it either bling or for autox use since normal driving is not going to fatigue the firewall mounting points of the BMC.

It sounds like it should be something really neat and necessary, but its not and its not. At least that is what I thought when I first read about one, then I found out what it was and was like :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Jackal inspired boost restrictor plates came in the mail today [emoji857] 5c2c170499caa7ce6de9ea3ad0d63a3b.jpg

Hopefully I will be installing them along with the nameless j pipe soon

Also got Whiteline KDT903 and KDT901 along with the group N tranny mount awaiting install.

Yeah I see how it doesn't make sense but porting the turbo is gonna take time and money and I also read somewhere on here that it is not guaranteed to fix over boost. Stage 2 and running e85 is probably as much as I am going to do power wise so I came to the conclusion that this would be the best cost effective and reversible way to combat over boost until I can come up with a better solution.

Archived