LegacyGT.com

Cyl. 4 missfire/Cobb AP grounding issue.

So following a routine mainenance of filter/plugs/fluids including having a shop do the tranny and tranny filter for me I've been getting a cylinder 4 missfire code under full throttle acceleration over 5k rpms. Just before the missfire my Cobb AP will turn on/off. Contacting Cobb they believe it to be a grounding issue usually associated with old plugs. I've replaced the cylinder 4 coil and spark plug and am still having the same issue. OEM spec irridium plugs/gap etc.

Any ideas?

NGK IX6 something... Got the number off here ordered them on Amazon. And second set tried was generics from Autozone.

I'll try the injectors when I get home from work. Do they explain the grounding issue with the AP?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Remove your cylinder coils and reach in and twist the pins slightly with a pair of needlenosed pliers. Put a thin film of dielectric grease on the plug side (female) and then reinstall the coils and plug in.

The power feed plugs become loose after 11 years and this helps to tighten them up in the socket. If yours are cracked or worn, in my IDEA sticky above, there is a source to purchase replacement plug ends.

Remove your cylinder coils and reach in and twist the pins slightly with a pair of needlenosed pliers. Put a thin film of dielectric grease on the plug side (female) and then reinstall the coils and plug in.

The power feed plugs become loose after 11 years and this helps to tighten them up in the socket. If yours are cracked or worn, in my IDEA sticky above, there is a source to purchase replacement plug ends.

Coil on that cylinder is brand new now, are the pins that come loos harness side?

Archived