LegacyGT.com

Ballpark idea for hp numbers

I know every car is different and tuner quality helps a lot but I'm trying to get an idea of what hp numbers I should be expecting. Should I be looking 300, 350, or closer to 400 for ballpark numbers?

Car is finished and will be getting a tune soon. Just curious. List of mods below. Thanks for the help.

2005lgt

Semibuilt 2.5 sti shortblock:

Manley crankshaft

Manley turbotuff rods

JE pistons

King race bearings

Upgraded oil pump

Moroso oil pickup

Blouch dom2.5xtr

Perrin inlet

Tomei 252 cams

Injector dynamics 1000cc's

Cobb fuel pump

Tomei headers

Cobb catted hiflow downpipe

3inch catback

Cobb sf intake

Process west top mount

Access port sub002

Should I be looking 300, 350, or closer to 400 for ballpark numbers?

All 3 of those numbers, it depends on the gas and boost levels, and the dyno. With a 2.5XTR on a standard dyno, I'd expect 400WHP on pump at 20PSI, 350 at 15PSI. On a low reading dyno 15PSI might only make 300WHP.

Why'd you go with 252s? Seems like a big turbo choice for a mid-range cam.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Well the motor was torn apart and we didn't want to do anything too crazy but figured they'd be a little stronger than stock cams. The turbo I got a great deal on from a friend, never used.

I will probably end up doing an ethanol tune along with a 93 octane tune.

You are in the range on E85 where you may want to look at upgrading fuel pump wiring and possibly a fuel pressure regulator. You may not have issues, but I know I saw it in mine when I was approaching those numbers. I had the same injectors and when I approached near 90% IDC, I started to see some fuel pressure drop off on the factory FPR and some voltage drop on the pump. I upgraded both and no more issues. I had thought about fuel rails, but it was not needed at my level (~400 WHP on E85)

How about an AOS? You are in the range when you may benefit from it and it is good insurance.

If you are still on the factory boost control solenoid, a three port (Grimmspeed or others) may also benefit you.

How's your clutch and transmission? At those levels, if you are stock or near stock, the clutch won't last long. Blast plates are a nice adder for the 5MT at those levels.

What UP are you using? Is it EWG or internal WG? Not that it matters, just curious.

Archived