LegacyGT.com

Ridgeline Opinion

I'm thinking about getting my wife a Ridgeline. We have been considering a bigger vehicle so we have more flexibility to do things around the house, transport furniture, garage sales etc. She is used to driving mid size sedans and she needs something with 4wd for bad weather. She says she doesn't want a wagon because that implies getting older and havings kids (we are both only 24)

I truly think you can get a better truck for your money. IF that midgate is important to you, it would be pretty narrowed down, but if you're just looking for a pickup truck, there are better alternatives. I hear the new Toyota Tacoma and Nissan Frontier are really good trucks. They both come in the Ridgeline's doublecab format. I prefer the Tacoma myself. I've driven the new doublecab 2wd PreRunner. It was one nice truck. It's actually pretty big. Compact trucks, or midsizers as they are called now..seem like the fullsizers from a couple of yrs ago.:confused: I think the Ridgeline has a cushier ride though, due to the almost car-based suspension layout. guess you really can't go wrong w/ a Honda though...:)

Guest *Jedimaster*

http://www.engine-power.com/img/specs/2006_honda_ridgeline_rtl_01.jpg

It's definitely different. I'm looking forward to the 06 RAV4- it's supposed to have a 268 hp inline 6, 3rd row seating (it's bigger now) and a 5 speed auto (manual to come I believe). Comes out in December.

My dad is about to trade his '94 Legend in and buy one. He was impressed with the carlike ride, carlike cabin, but trucklike usefulness. He does a 45 mile commute and picks up 'slugs' to make HOV requirements down to the Pentagon, so a truck isn't ideal. He does alot of landscaping work in his spare time around the house (his hobby), so the bed would come in handy and makes the Ridgeline more useful than the Pilot. They have an '00 TL, so no need for two Acura sedans anymore.

Perfect vehicle for the person who doesn't want/need a truck truck, but rather a vehicle that can haul stuff from the Home Depot. The back seats are a bit small and cramped tho. It's in the same price range as a Tacoma quad cab, but the Honda is more civil for city driving.

Yeah, I guess it serves a purpose, as Euclid said, and sounds like it serves your purpose very well. Personally I think it's ugly, and as someone who grew up with Ford trucks used in a tough working environment I view the Ridgeline as a chick truck. The Honda image just doesn't mesh well with rugged.

I get a kick out of the Honda ad that talks about their line of 'trucks' and shows the Pilot, Ridgeline, CRV, and Element. All of which are based on a car chassis.

I checked those out while my Sister was looking at CRV's..

I would buy one.. man are they swank inside.. Almost not like a truck at all. I really liked it. Then again, The one I saw was Black in lux trim, tan leather inside, Wonder how they drive?

I'm looking forward to the 06 RAV4- it's supposed to have a 268 hp inline 6, 3rd row seating (it's bigger now) and a 5 speed auto (manual to come I believe). Comes out in December.

why do they still make the highlander when the new RAV4 is about the same size? :confused:

This Space For Rent

Check out the Nissan's...exceptional build quality, comfortable ride, plenty of power.

I drove a Frontier Crew Cab for 3 years before I got the itch for something faster.

DO be prepared for TERRIBLE gas mileage, whatever you get...a friend has the Titan (5.6 ltr. V-8), and I think it got @10-12 mpg city?

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

I actually have a bit to say about the Ridgeline... I went with my aunt when she was looking at new vehicles and we testdrove the Ridgeline. There are a LOT of nice features on it, I must say it is an exceptionally well built vehicle. I wouldnt really classify it as a "truck" so to speak, its not built for doing what the real-man's trucks (Ford, Chevy, Dodge) are for, but its very good for what its built for. Now, I dont know why you wouldnt want the wagon, it may give the apperance of "older" but it sure doesnt lack the performance, ride, ect.

But, back on about the Ridgeline. There are a few things I would like to point out about it that put it a notch above the rest. It is a FWD/AWD truck, this means that it is primarily FWD and when needed AWD kicks in. This is a HUGE advantage for the winter driving, rain driving, ect. It also has traction control. It is almost impossible to slide around in this thing, take it out for a test drive. Go to an open dirt field and start to do doughnuts, it doesnt start to slip and slide around, it doesnt even grunt. Then take it on the dirt roads, check out the handling and the smooth ride. Also, the saftey options built into it are amazing. They have thicker braces, solid chassis, and a lot of other saftey features. The bed is made of that weird plastic stuff that wont break or crack and is better than metal. It may look and feel cheap, but its VERY durable. It also has decent ground clearance, and some really nice features. Overall, its a great vehicle IMHO.

NOW, this doesnt mean you should go out and buy it either though, look at the price tag on it. You can go out and buy a lot of other vehicles FULLY LOADED for the price of their base model. Its an expensive mid size truck. My aunt bought the truck, and she loves it so far. So, my conclusion is, great mid-size truck, but for the price, it should take out your trash, clean itself, mow your lawn... lol

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

whats wrong wth the chevy avalanche?

^What he said... and... parking is a pain...

Oh wait... Gas prices just $$$ shot up again :lol:

I know someone with an avalanche, they arent too bad, but the ride is not as smooth as the Honda, and again, the gas consumption is horrible.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

You ignore our truly trick, beloved brother, the Baja.

Please don't get the Baja...you'll only encourage Subaru...

Now, maybe if they brought back the Brat...I always liked those jump seats...

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

Archived