LegacyGT.com

2017 Legacy Remote Start?

Which Remote Starter?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which Remote Starter?

• Subaru OEM Remote Starter
    • Compustar Pro T11
    • Viper Smart Start

I have the key fob OEM starter and love it. Had it on three Subis. My 15 and 17 both start while I m in a restaurant and can t even see the car. It was probably 50 yards or better in distance too. Two different places I go. More than one wall too, never would have guessed it.

Very similar experience here. The very first time I used my starter was from inside a restaurant, car about 60 yards away but I could see the parking lot if I stood up. Activated starter and would see headlights come on from inside the building.

Very similar experience here. The very first time I used my starter was from inside a restaurant, car about 60 yards away but I could see the parking lot if I stood up. Activated starter and would see headlights come on from inside the building.

Nice. I couldn t see mine but I have the FOB that flashes when the car is running. I leave heat and heated seats on and when I get out from a nice meal the car is all warmed up for us. I m in the minus 0 snow belt so it s a pleasure.

Nice. I couldn t see mine but I have the FOB that flashes when the car is running. I leave heat and heated seats on and when I get out from a nice meal the car is all warmed up for us. I m in the minus 0 snow belt so it s a pleasure.

Yeah, I have no room to complain about snow and cold compared to you. Indiana is down right balmy in comparison.

For the OEM do you get a confirmation if the car started? Also does it turn on defroster automatically?

No system turns on the climate control. You need to leave it on as most of us do anyway.

OEM remote start does not have the ability to turn on the defroster.

Automatic rear defroster operation activation below a present temperature is included with Drone/Compustar. It's available for Viper with an additional modules in entry level systems or included on very expensive ones.

• 1 month later...
Sorry, a little off topic, but essentially unforgivable not to have remote start standard or at least with Cold Weather package at this point, other car makers putting them on far more pedestrian cars. I had Subaru put it on my 2012 Leggie, but it invalidated one of the two keys and have never been able to get them to get the key to work again.

I had a Clifford system with the Directed Smart Start (Both the same company as Viper. Directed is the parent company of both) installed last Wednesday and these are the features and my thoughts after a week of use. See photos as well:

Start (with confirmation)

Lock/Unlock (with confirmation)

Trunk open (with confirmation)

Panic (with confirmation)

GPS Location

"Smart Schedule"- allows you to set a time for your vehicle to start on whichever day you choose automatically and also to start at the time only if it is below a certain temperature

Roadside Assistance

"Smart Fence"- allows you to set up an invisible perimeter which you are notified if your vehicle leaves

Notification if your vehicle exceeds a certain speed limit

Alert when vehicle battery is low

"Lockdown"-Alerts when vehicle moves

Although I have not used some of these features nor will I "Lockdown, Smart Fence Etc.) the options are pretty cool for thos with a teenager who you may want to keep an eye on. For the features I do use, it works perfectly every time. It has NO RANGE. Operated through satellite I can start my vehicle from ANYWHERE as long as there is a cellular signal which is a huge plus for me since I work in an office inside a warehouse where a normal signal would never penetrate. Not sure if I left anything out but feel free to ask any questions.

**I paid $483 Installed for both with NO KEYFOB. Also, the Smart Start Annual fee of $99**

IMG_1158.PNG.818270dbbfcb0ffc2b14c7191e59aeee.PNG

IMG_1153.thumb.PNG.9b6453905436b5665bafd37be21ab59a.PNG

IMG_1152.PNG.579b0cc04bb03f8d51d0eda3c17130b1.PNG

IMG_1151.PNG.b509ebc2e72cb926771d0d1149c8c5f6.PNG

IMG_1149.thumb.PNG.7245fffbf59fc99e04598a3025eac7b9.PNG

@BeastCoast1

.. unforgivable not to have remote start standard ...

That is obviously your opinion, but many of us neither need nor want remote start, especially with its added systems complexity and cost. I'm perfectly happy to have remote start available as an extra-cost option for those who want it.

If you truly consider it "unforgivable," maybe a Subaru isn't the car for you.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Hmmm, the plot thickens. Maybe I'll just opt for a traditional key fob style remote start and deal with a slightly less warm car.

Well the drone mobile app has the same features but DOES allow you to start via PC. so there is always that option as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@BeastCoast1

The Subaru remote start kit was easy to install, bolts on and plugs in. For the 2017 with push button start, it was H001SAL100. Only hard part was scheduling the trip to the dealer to get them to turn it on.

http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/123588/pdf/123588-H001SAL1002015-2017OutbacLegacyLongRangePushStartRESIxI.pdf

Keep in mind those require monthly subscriptions don't they

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I pay $50/yr for the basic package with Drone Mobile. $4.17 per month if you divide it out.

For me it's totally worth it to not have to carry a separate fob, not to mention the virtually unlimited range.

I pay $50/yr for the basic package with Drone Mobile. $4.17 per month if you divide it out.

For me it's totally worth it to not have to carry a separate fob, not to mention the virtually unlimited range.

Agreed. I opted for the $99 yearly subscription because I wanted the GPS feature and the "Smart Schedule" which allows me to set a schedule for my car to start at a certain time if its below a selected temperature.

@BeastCoast1

Agreed. I opted for the $99 yearly subscription because I wanted the GPS feature and the "Smart Schedule" which allows me to set a schedule for my car to start at a certain time if its below a selected temperature.

That there's a cool feature.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

With the Drone Mobile setup can anyone speak to exactly how much splicing into the factory wiring is required....? I am tempered to do this but cutting into the electrical is just asking for trouble from the dealerships.

I was quoted $599+ CT tax for parts and install; that sound about right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived