LegacyGT.com

2010 clutch slipping. I need a replacement

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be very wrong, but I believe the part number you'd want is FJK1001-HD-O. I think I read somewhere (might have been on their site) that South Bend re-lines Exedy clutches to make their products, so having the base part number match the OEM Exedy number makes sense to me

I could be very wrong, but I believe the part number you'd want is FJK1001-HD-O.

Yep, that's the correct part number for the 'daily' version. I'm using the 'endurance' version (FJK1001-HD-OFE) with a stock flywheel; very happy with it so far.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Also looking to replace the transmission mount with Group N (D1010FE020) and the pitch stop with Group N (D1040FE000) do I have the right ones and while I'm under there is there anything else I should replace. this is my first time doing this. thank you.

In place of the pitch stop mount, we do have a front engine mount that's unique to the 5th-gen (of course...). I don't have a part number offhand, but I'm pretty sure GTEASER has a link or a part number in his build thread.

edit: or maybe not. I know *someone* has one of those installed...

We don't have a pitch stop mount.

That's the correct tranny mount. Consider adding these too: Energy Suspension 19.1103G Transmission Crossmember Mount Bushings

that's my plan.

10LGT

You'll definitely hear more noise from the transmission with the mount and the polyurethane transmission crossmember bushings. It's not obnoxious and the positive engagement feel is worth it imo.

I spot your ride from time to time in New Bedford

• 1 year later...

LONG POST WARNING

This week my clutch went out as I pulled away from a stop. The failure was sudden and there was no warning. I purchased the car may 2019 and it was set up with COBB Stage 2 with the a appropriate mods. I'm pretty sure the car has an aftermarket clutch as I've never had any slipping while running the stage 2 tune. After a bunch of research, mainly on this forum, I think I've narrowed down the failure to the throw out bearing. The clutch did not want to engage and it sounded like a bag of rocks exploded in the transmission. After I got the car moving it did not want to go into neutral, I was able to get it in neutral and coast to a parking lot. The sound was not as bad in neutral but still apparent.

Here's the bigger problem, I'm living in Korea and there is zero Subaru support here so I'll have to order the parts (3-5 weeks) and do the job myself which is not conducive to my work schedule, but has to be done. I don't have a garage and most of my tools (jack, jack stands, tool box) are in storage back in the states so I'll have to rent a bay to work in, but at least it will have a lift.

The parts. I've read about the Snout Replacement Sleeve, the week clutch forks, single mass flywheels, and the week factory clutch paired with stage 2.

In my cart right now is:

-Southbend Stage 2 endurance FJK1001-HD-OCE

-Versus Engineering Forged Clutch Fork

-Versus Reinforced Clutch Fork Pivot Point

-PDM TSK3 Snout Sleeve Repair Kit

-Goodrich SS Coated Clutch line (mines been leaky for a while)

-XClutch Chromoly Flywheel

I'm petty sure it's the TOB and there's probably damage to the snout but I do not want to do this job again for the clutch fork. The other problem I have is that if anything else is wrong I will have to wait 3-5 weeks for more parts, I can't just go to an auto parts store.

Is there anything else I should get or expect?

LONG POST WARNING

This week my clutch went out as I pulled away from a stop. The failure was sudden and there was no warning. I purchased the car may 2019 and it was set up with COBB Stage 2 with the a appropriate mods. I'm pretty sure the car has an aftermarket clutch as I've never had any slipping while running the stage 2 tune. After a bunch of research, mainly on this forum, I think I've narrowed down the failure to the throw out bearing. The clutch did not want to engage and it sounded like a bag of rocks exploded in the transmission. After I got the car moving it did not want to go into neutral, I was able to get it in neutral and coast to a parking lot. The sound was not as bad in neutral but still apparent.

Here's the bigger problem, I'm living in Korea and there is zero Subaru support here so I'll have to order the parts (3-5 weeks) and do the job myself which is not conducive to my work schedule, but has to be done. I don't have a garage and most of my tools (jack, jack stands, tool box) are in storage back in the states so I'll have to rent a bay to work in, but at least it will have a lift.

The parts. I've read about the Snout Replacement Sleeve, the week clutch forks, single mass flywheels, and the week factory clutch paired with stage 2.

In my cart right now is:

-Southbend Stage 2 endurance FJK1001-HD-OCE

-Versus Engineering Forged Clutch Fork

-Versus Reinforced Clutch Fork Pivot Point

-PDM TSK3 Snout Sleeve Repair Kit

-Goodrich SS Coated Clutch line (mines been leaky for a while)

-XClutch Chromoly Flywheel

I'm petty sure it's the TOB and there's probably damage to the snout but I do not want to do this job again for the clutch fork. The other problem I have is that if anything else is wrong I will have to wait 3-5 weeks for more parts, I can't just go to an auto parts store.

Is there anything else I should get or expect?

In your car's case, I wouldn't be surprise if the clutch fork failed.

I don't have any experience with that clutch. I think it is a good idea to get the TSK3 snout and throw out bearing and replace the clutch fork as well as the clutch and pressure plate. You could probably get away with the flywheel being resurfaced. I would get new bolts for the pressure plate and flywheel.

You don't need anything fancy for the flywheel, Exedy's OEM replacement is the same as the factory version, but cheaper. I got mine on RockAuto. I'd recommend resurfacing but I doubt you'll have time to do that if you're renting a lift.

Otherwise your list should cover what you need.