LegacyGT.com

Brake Warning Light On

I just replaced the brake fluid in the 2008 Legacy and now the dash brake warning light is on. It went on this morning and then off after a few minutes of freeway driving but then on again after departing work for home. Fluid level was a bit above the 'low level' mark on the reservoir so I added a bit more fluid to bring it up to the high mark but light is still on. Brakes work fine/normally. I checked all of the wheels inner surface and don't see any sign of a leak from one of the bleeder screws. Do these cars have a pressure differential switch that would sense a difference between the two brake circuits in the case where one circuit has a small leak? Is it possible there is a time delay and it will just take time after topping off the master cyl reservoir? Is there anything one needs to do with the anti-lock brake motor when or after bleeding the brakes?

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

When Subaru replaced all the brake lines on my 2005 a couple months back the pedal felt spongy, I took it back and they bled the brakes again and found air in the ABS system.

So I'm guessing that may be your issue. Read the manual.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It was the fluid level. After adding more fluid and the light was still on I pulled the screen filter thing out and the float looked to be down so I poked it once with my finger and it popped right up. Light is now off. I'm unsure how the thing could be stuck but it was easy to take care of once I found it. Thanks everyone.

Archived