LegacyGT.com

S.C. Journey With My RBP LGT Wagon

SC07

Yes indeed. Our cars prices here are the most expensive in the World.

This 8th year old BP9 cost me about USD28,000. We have this thing called a COE, Certificate of Entitlement. It allows you to own a car for 10 years. The COE is tagged to a brand new car at time of purchase. Meaning this 2008 LGT has 2 years of COE left before the COE has to be renewed. Currently a COE at current value is USD39,000. Which means if i want to drive my LGT for another 10 years, i will have to renew it at USD39,000. This is ontop of yearly Road Tax, Tolls, Carpark fees, insurance etc.

Owning a car here is no joke. LOL.

Man, love the mods you've done, very tasteful!

It's great to see a post from Singapore, very intersting car ownership/regulations you have over there. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Time for an interior mod. I think some have asked about this before. It's pretty simple.

Get a STI wheel from the GH hatchback. They will bolt on perfect. All audio, cruise control and other buttons work perfectly too. No error codes.

Looks perfect imho. I love it.

20170213_162310.thumb.jpg.41dfa80d3e58d28d8f6c5f3fbfa021ee.jpg

I think the wheel look perfect too. So glad it all fitted perfectly without any modification. No the dashboard warranty is only within the USA unfortunately. Its dumb tho cause in Singapore our weather is an average 32-33 Degrees.C all year round. The the dashboard almost 99.9% all get chewed up. We spend money here either re-wrapping them with PVC or Alcantara for some. I have not decided what I want to do. hahaha

That STI wheel looks perfect, especially with the paddles.

Does Subaru warranty dashboards outside of the US? We have a recall for sun-related dash failure over here.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Bought some additional covers at the sides, and in goes the processwest as well.

Hidden under the Black, a new VF52, Perrin TIH, Cobb boost solenoid and DW65c

Nice car you got there bro..... lucky 4th gen Legacy start scraping in Singapore.. U got a lot of choice for parts.. just need to be pateint & waiting for right part & time. Here in Malaysia I'm a bit lonely driving 5th gen Legacy... no friend to have TT even worst even our Transport Authority (JPJ in Malaysia) didn't know that 5th Gen LGT available for purchase from Subaru dealership... My brother in law had few times stop by these JPJ... They suspect my car is an illegal non-registered car from Singapore :-) anyway.... your car is really nice... keep it up bro...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Archived