LegacyGT.com

2008 engine

My 2008 doesn't look like that. My ignition wires ran on top of the intake manifold. And your EGR valve looks to be in a different location than mine. Also your radiator looks crusty like bad head gasket.

do you think it might not be a legacy engine? and the bad head gasket is a serious thing?

The North american motors dont look like that. But since your in Israel then thats a different story. That motor looks like a EJ204 which i think its a JDM engine. For your country it might have been a EJ202 Check the door sticker on passenger side or driver of what that car came with.

The North american motors dont look like that. But since your in Israel then thats a different story. That motor looks like a EJ204 which i think its a JDM engine. For your country it might have been a EJ202 Check the door sticker on passenger side or driver of what that car came with.

But it's a 2008 legacy engine, right? not like a 2005 or an impreza engine, sorry i'm just new to this

But it's a 2008 legacy engine, right? not like a 2005 or an impreza engine, sorry i'm just new to this

We don't see any of those NA 2.0's stateside. Best thing to do would be find another '08 local to you, maybe for sale, and compare it. If not, your 2009 is probably the next best thing.

It could very well be that the car blew its HG, overheated badly and seized the original motor. Maybe the one in there now is a replacement.

Poke around with a flashlight and look for any markings on the block, or any other evidence that might be used to identify.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Archived