LegacyGT.com

Part # for '06 dash panel for nav screen

SkiRace

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure Scan007 has a dvd player in his sooped up car. I dont think his plays right off the nav screen though, all his stuff is custom installed....mostly done by himself as he's a talented man ;O)

It like comes out of the dash & flips up or something, pretty f'n sweet if you ask me!!

B A S T A R D lol, ok so now that I have stopped crying, is this possible? Has anyone ordered this piece yet?

Correct me if im wrong, but with some fabrication and covering up the buttons with something to make it mesh couldnt you put a nice double din navi unit in there?

It's a matter of size. Not sure of the H & W, but my main concern would be the D. Most double-dins would be more than 5-6 inches deep. I haven't yanked the cubby myself, but seem to recall there is limited room back there.

Guest *Jedimaster*
What's really great to me is that as a total noviciate to the whole NAV thing I get to sit back and let you guys figure out what works! I have no need for nav, but I do like the idea of the screen to display functions like boost, DVD's, etc. If NAV were another possibility, I'd put that in too.

I'd like to install a 7" MattJK screen just to run gauges and maybe an outboard NAV. That would be PIMP!

Well one option would be to use the custom screen, and put a small computer in the trunk, pop an fm tuner card in it and a usb xm tuner and a usb gps antenna and you could have all of the functionality for probably about half the price of a 1500 double din unit....

grr i hope i get out of work in time tonight to have some time to play with my jdm a/c control

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

still haven't gotten to try that out yet? Its been a few weeks hasn't it? :lol:

Nah its only been .. shit youre right yeah its been like 2 weeks since i first tried hooking it up.. gonna see if running some + - to it wakes it up now..

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Is this for the double din piece?

Also, does anyone kow how far back it goes.

Heres another question, each speaker has its own set of + and - wires running to the head unit. Say I was able to buy this, and fit it in, but then heres the problem, how to get sounds out of it. Could I split the wires, and put in a toggle switch or something. I reall have no idea.

WAY TOO BAD SOA does not make a separate HVAC control unit, instead of using the radio combined, therefore making a nightmare for us who want to replace the HU....

:-( :-( :-(

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Well we can easily replace the headunit, you just have to use the cubby kit and it looks goofy having two stereos (IMHO)

to resurrect a thread that has been quietly sleeping for a few days.. I gotta ask yall.. and i've inquired with subarupartsforyou.com also cos they're great at telling me what I need to know.

the buttons in the factory nav bezel.. part #s? are they part of the factory nav module? I have been looking and it looks like I might be changing my plans :D

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• 1 month later...

oh, I'm sorry, this is old news lol, I guess I shoulda said something.

I ordered this part, it is indeed the 06 nav screen bezel and vent tubing, the buttons are part of the LCD navigation unit itself which is $900.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived