LegacyGT.com

Homelink mirror

Im looking for a wire harness for my 2015 subaru legacy auto dim homlink mirror. The mirror has a 10 pin plug and the car has the 5 pin. I would need the male plugs on both sides of the harness. I purchesed the mirror used and the wire harness H501SSG010 was purchased separately and has a 12 pin connector at the mirror and not the 10 pin connector required. Both the mirror (92021 AL00A) and the wire harness were checked and they're for my '15 Legacy. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There is an additional, and separate harness in the headliner for the Homelink mirror. It is usually taped to the main harness with blue tape, that is what the H501SSG010 plugs into. You don't need anything additional.

Found out my mirror, although for the 2015, has a seperate type of harness that runs all throughout the hardliner. Not interested in all that extra work so I found a custum made harness on ebay that plugs into the factory 5 pin connector above my eyesight console.

Found out my mirror, although for the 2015, has a seperate type of harness that runs all throughout the hardliner. Not interested in all that extra work so I found a custum made harness on ebay that plugs into the factory 5 pin connector above my eyesight console.

That works.

Im looking for a wire harness for my 2015 subaru legacy auto dim homlink mirror. The mirror has a 10 pin plug and the car has the 5 pin. I would need the male plugs on both sides of the harness. I purchesed the mirror used and the wire harness H501SSG010 was purchased separately and has a 12 pin connector at the mirror and not the 10 pin connector required. Both the mirror (92021 AL00A) and the wire harness were checked and they're for my '15 Legacy. Any thoughts?

I think I just bought the same mirror you got. I found a Homelink mirror that was for the older Legacy on Ebay for a lot less than what they demand for the new one on the 2015-2017 Legacy's. They want $300 at every seller online for the new Homelink mirror. I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous, when you can buy the same kind of mirror for like $60, but is designed ever so slightly different for the older model. Getting the custom harness made is only about $25 on Ebay. Definitely worth it imo.

The new mirror has the Homelink buttons on the bottom (which keeps it very clean looking), but I've already heard some people are complaining about this. Apparently, when you grab the mirror to adjust it, you tend to accidentally push the buttons. The salesman at the dealer said some guy accidentally operated the garage door and almost brought the door down on his car when pulling out of his garage. LOL. Kind of silly, but still seems a bit of a nuisance, and I can see how that might happen if you're not paying attention. Having the buttons on the front does seem more logical to me, as you have to purposely push them to operate the garage door and compass.

Edited by Condor1970

• 2 months later...

Old thread resurrection.

What do I search for this harness on the Bay? All my searches have not come up with such a harness. I bought a NIB Homelink auto dimming mirror for the GF's 2017 Premium, mirror is 12 pin, opposite end of mirror harness is a three pin, car is 5 pin. There are only three conductors in the harness.

• 2 years later...
Do all models have the wiring harness for the Homelink mirror in the overhead console? My daughter has a 2016 Premium and I do not see an extra harness there. I've looked all around as far as I could under the headliner and I don't see an extra harness anywhere.

The Homelink mirror was available as an accessory for the MY 2015 Legacy, but may have been only available as a factory option ... bundled with EyeSight ... for MY 2016. On the other hand the Subaru of America parts web site lists Homelink mirror kit H501SAL100 as an available accessory for both MY 2015 and 2016, with or without EyeSight.

The 2015 Installation Guide (link below) may provide some guidance if the wiring is indeed present in your MY 2016.

https://techinfo.subaru.com/stis/doc/accInstallGuide/076808-h501sal100.pdf

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2016_Outback/EC-Mirror-W-Compass--HL/60246421/H501SAL100.html

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png