LegacyGT.com

OEM Bluetooth on 12' legacy question

I cannot get it to pair with my Samsung Galaxy phone, it paired before but had always had pairing issues for example, when I come home then get in it for work in the am. What's are the steps to pair this? I have a 2.5i premium single disc without navigation.

I cannot get it to pair with my Samsung Galaxy phone, it paired before but had always had pairing issues for example, when I come home then get in it for work in the am. What's are the steps to pair this? I have a 2.5i premium single disc without navigation.

I have premium with what I think is the at same radio (I assuming you don't have the HK option which available with the premium), but I have an iphone.

Does a phone show up on car radio screen with the Bluetooth symbol? Does the Bluetooth symbol show up on your phone?

I have premium with what I think is the at same radio (I assuming you don't have the HK option which available with the premium), but I have an iphone.

Does a phone show up on car radio screen with the Bluetooth symbol? Does the Bluetooth symbol show up on your phone?

No the signal bar and BT is not on the Subaru s display.

Is your BT on your phone enabled? At least on my iphone it is pretty easy to accidently disable.

Yea BT is enabled on my phone. Last time I had this phone paired with my car was about 4 months ago if that helps. I just didnt feel the need to use it anymore since I got an external satellite radio. Now I want to use my phone again through BT

I don't know how they do it in the Galaxy, but in my phone I have a list of devices that have been paired with my iphone. If it isn't in the list my phone will no longer work with that BT device.

Have you upgrade your phone or operating system? Sometime those updates can cause some issues.

I would assume you are leaving phone in on when you turn your car on. The radio sends out an initial BT signal connection on power up.

It seems like your phone is no longer paired with the car. I would follow the blue tooth pair instructions if you have the manual that came with the car. (I think their was a quick start manual for the BT) If you don't have the manual, it is in the mysubaru website.

your car can use voice commands to pair the phone. to determine if it is the car or phone, try to re-pair the phone with a known device like a bt speaker that you know is currently working with tour phone.

I have my BT speaker paired with my phone without issue. Do I click on the voice button on the steering wheel then say pair phone?

I would assume you are leaving phone in on when you turn your car on. The radio sends out an initial BT signal connection on power up.

It seems like your phone is no longer paired with the car. I would follow the blue tooth pair instructions if you have the manual that came with the car. (I think their was a quick start manual for the BT) If you don't have the manual, it is in the mysubaru website.

Yes phone is on with Bluetooth enabled when entering the car

I have my BT speaker paired with my phone without issue. Do I click on the voice button on the steering wheel then say pair phone?

something like that, let the car prompt you through it

When I paired my phone I had to say something like Main Menu, Phone setup, Pair phone... I have a 2014 but I don't think it is any different from the previous '12 model

something like that, let the car prompt you through it

When I paired my phone I had to say something like Main Menu, Phone setup, Pair phone... I have a 2014 but I don't think it is any different from the previous '12 model

OK I will try this on lunch today and let everyone know how it goes, thanks everyone!

how did it go?

Sorry didn't get a chance to go out at lunch. I did try on my way to my car after work. I used the voice control and it kept Going to BT security when saying pair or pretty much anything. It also went to BT Help but it would not let me select anything when showing help or security. I have a crappy pic of the security message which may or may not help.

20161110_165656.thumb.jpg.bb8f3464fa5789b447829aaf1a77f060.jpg

Archived