LegacyGT.com

Creaky seat

My '16 3.6 (7,000 miles) has a creaky drivers seat. Every time I accelerate or push backwards at all, it creaks like an old man's knee or something. I'm going to get it into the dealer, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has ever had that issue?

• 2 weeks later...
The driver's seat mechanism in my '16 3.6R LTD began to make creaking noises. At first it seemed like the noise was coming from the lower driver's door, then the center console, then the seat bottom itself. Dealer replaced the mechanism at 10,270 miles under warranty. I expect it to get noisy again eventually. They had one or two other cars with similar problems -- weak spot welds or lash developing in the power adjuster mechanism with use.

Somebody had a crack in one of the welds on their 6th Gen driver's seat frame. Flag that to the dealer.

Might be referring to me - My seat frame was broken earlier this year (was creaking / squeaking). Dealer found it quick and replaced without any problems, took 2-3 hours. I'm not a huge guy, (180lbs) and it's not like I jump into the seat, no idea how it broke - but yeah, the squeaking seat was annoying.

I have the same issue when I move or go over road bumps. Co-incidently it began creaking straight after it was in paint shop for bumper repair. I assumed some big apprentice jumped into the seat or pushed back on it. But now I see it is another common problem! Back to dealer tomorrow for service and hopefully they'll rectify.

• 2 years later...

Archived