LegacyGT.com

Outback Front bumper and suspension

Has anyone put the outback front bumper and suspension on their legacy yet, Creating any 6th Gen outback sedans, because I plan on doing it here over the winter. I am also looking for good solid wheels and the wheel thread seems to be only street wheels. So would anyone want to assist me in my project or tell me how dumb it sounds? Any known obstacles I will face with a suspension swap?

Has anyone put the outback front bumper and suspension on their legacy yet, Creating any 6th Gen outback sedans, because I plan on doing it here over the winter. I am also looking for good solid wheels and the wheel thread seems to be only street wheels. So would anyone want to assist me in my project or tell me how dumb it sounds? Any known obstacles I will face with a suspension swap?

I actually love the idea. Just out of curiosity though, why do you want to do this?

I've wondered myself if anyone had done this. When I was explaining to my other half what the relationship between the Legacy and the OB is it hit me.

Seems an OB body with Legacy trim and suspension powered by a S/C 3.6 in front of a 6 speed MT would be a hoot to haul around the highways in. Call it an STI OutBack.

I feel the Legacy is a sharp car and the outback lets off more of a rugged presence, I'd be very interested to see how the swap comes out.

If I were to do it, I'd do some things to accentuate the ruggedness, perhaps outback style roof rails, front mounted light bar, etc.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

The only obstacles you will face will be cash.

• 4 weeks later...
Is it even a bolt on swap or would you need headlights and hood and fenders?

Headlights are the same, fenders should be too. One way to check is go to SubaruGenuineParts.com and look up the part numbers for hood and fenders for both models. I think it's more reliable than a parts counter guy who will surely say "it'll never work".

I kinda like how the outback bumper is two tone and they're not that expensive on eBay for an oem painted one

Also does the outback bumper hang lower than the legacy bumper? Basically would the front end look lower with the outback bumper?

Edited by fullah

Based on side shots it might actually sit slightly higher, at least on the front edge, presumably for ground clearance purposes.

Only thing different for the Outback would be the fog light assemblies. Everything else - headlights, fenders, hood, are all the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I would call it a Legacy Cross Country - in honor of the S60 Cross Country that we are desperately trying to replicate.

Dream build for the Legacy for me and my wife: (1) lifted like Outback; (2) Outback style bumpers and possibly lower rocker panel cladding; and, (3) roof rails...sleek roof rails...

• 2 months later...

Have you done the suspension swap..I've been wanting to do the same to my car but want to see pictures of how it would look.

• 1 year later...
I would call it a Legacy Cross Country - in honor of the S60 Cross Country that we are desperately trying to replicate.

Dream build for the Legacy for me and my wife: (1) lifted like Outback; (2) Outback style bumpers and possibly lower rocker panel cladding; and, (3) roof rails...sleek roof rails...

New here was looking for this information for the same reason. My wife has the S60 Cross Country and I wanted to see about lifting my Legacy in the same manner. Anyone have any thoughts on just getting the car up as high to start with? I have seen many 1" and 2" lift kits on eBay and elsewhere but can't seem to find anyone who has actually done it.

Two inch kits can be found, and I know of someone with our model that's done it. He said he's had no issues whatsoever. I too, toy with the idea of lifting it, as I love the S60 CC look. There's a Facebook group for 6th Gen Legacy's, and he's on there. If you want to PM me your FB info, I should be able to add you.

Thanks guys for the info... I saw a similar setup advertised on eBay need to dig in deeper and compare them. I have a lot of reading to do as there are plenty of mods here I want to do to my 2015... Thanks again

Found this site as well that looks promising.

ADF 2015-2019 Legacy 2" Strut Spacers W/ Multi Link Spacers/

• 3 weeks later...

I have wanted to do this forever with my outback... Swap someone the bumper, suspension, heck even wheels.. I've even thought about the doors.

I would *love* a Legacy "GT wagon "

Who wants a modern day Outback sedan?

Let's swap. I've got a Lapis Blue Pearl 15.