LegacyGT.com

Windshield wiper recall?

Hmm, never really read into it, but just had this done a few days ago while they were swapping out passenger side airbag. Now that I read this description about snow jamming it up and such, I know for a fact that it has happened to mine, but I would usually mist and cycle, and I guess that was just enough dripping to clean out the snow so it would park right. Minor when you think about it, but good of them to make that right. What I wish they would make right is give us a credit for headlight bulbs changed out over the years even without a receipt because of the auto function!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You may want to contact SoA about this, even if it's not too complain about your dealership- not sure what their stance is on owners doing their own recall work, but if you just do it yourself, that recall is still going to show as incomplete.

Other than the possibility of the car burning your house down (in theory, if you believe the letter), probably not. Then again, I've never lived in a place that required safety inspections, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they look for open recalls as part of that process.

Does the recall staying open cause any issues outside of me receiving occasional mail about it?
I personally decided to skip this recall when I received the letter a few months ago and dont intend on ever getting it done Jorge. Zero issues with the motor housing or my wiper arms in 7 years, one less reason to ever visit any of our NYC dealerships, and thanks to the pdf instructions I know I dont want them touching the car for this.

Garage queen never gets anything obstructed by the wiper arms anyway.

If I'm ever feeling bored and have time to spare, I will just do it myself. Highly doubt that though.

I'll keep the receipt and a pic or so of it when I replace. So that If I ever do decide sell, I have some proof that I changed it and worst case, they could always get it done. I don't forsee this recall as a deal breaker.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Archived