LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

Finished my “pistol” build last night at work. I already have an 8.5” 300blk suppressed SBR using an AAC 762SDN6 but wanted something a little shorter.

Test fired with supersonic and subsonic. Suppressed and unsuppressed. No issues. Tossed the upper on one of our full auto lowers and did a suppressed mag dump. No issues. Shed a tear or two at the thought of all that expensive ammo.

Palmetto State Armory 7.5” 300blk 1/7 pistol kit. I replaced the included trigger with a straight-bow Larue MBT2S trigger, had some Magpul mbus and SIG Romeo sights collecting dust and stuck my smallest Olight on it. Suppressor is a Sandman-K. It’s not the quietest but it does knock the edge off.

Now to try and get the city to approve 300blk ammo for road use...

816444-B7-BF9-A-4-F41-9-EAF-40-C02-F9829-DA.jpg

I just built a PSA rifle for one of my buddies who just got in to guns. He was on a tight budget so i recommended buying one of their lowers and they had a deal for everything but the lower for $300 so he built it for $400 total after tax. for what they are, they're a decent rifle

There's legitimately nothing wrong with PSA stuff, but unless you're on a strict budget or you're just trying to hoard as many guns as possible, it's IMO always worth it to just buy better stuff to begin with for a little bit more money.

There's legitimately nothing wrong with PSA stuff, but unless you're on a strict budget or you're just trying to hoard as many guns as possible, it's IMO always worth it to just buy better stuff to begin with for a little bit more money.

there's nothing wrong at all with PSA, the real problem is the idiots who will try to convince people that they're "just as good" as a Noveske, Daniel Defense, LWRC etc. and pretend they're something that they're not. If you know it's not the greatest gun and you don't want to spend a lot of money in the first place.

and I agree, buy once cry once.

Finished my “pistol” build last night at work...

Palmetto State Armory 7.5” 300blk 1/7 pistol kit.

You still happy with that build?

I picked up a 300blk barrel a while back with the intent on building a second upper for my Colt SBR 5.56, but PSA's pistol kits are at a really attractive price. Add a lower, and I've got a pistol, and an upper I can swap onto my SBR...

Speaking of PSA, I just picked up a 16" upper to throw on my SBR when I want to travel with it. Pretty impressed with the quality (my first PSA) at the price point. Bolted up my Vortex 1-6, and hope to zero it later this week...

32931589797_484fc08c8d_c.jpg

Oh yes. It’s been great. It’s going to be my “truck” gun once I figure out how to install a lock. Work doesn’t provide us with rifle plate armor so I bought my own and carry it in the trunk. I’m switching the mags over on it now. I’m sticking with supersonic ammo for “work” use.

Zeroed the PSA upper today... 1.25 MOA at 100yds with plain box 55gr ball ammo. Not bad for a cheap upper with a stock Colt lower. Plenty good for it's intended purpose. Ran flawlessly.

Happy enough with it that I ordered a .300blk pistol kit... :p

I like Hornady BLACK 62gr fmj for ball ammo. It's not drastically more expensive than buying cheap brass 55gr ball and you can get sub MOA from 100 yards with it. Federal now makes a 77gr FMJ which is also affordable...great for 1:7 twist rifles

All I've ever used out of my 5.56/.223 Wylde guns are the cheapest brass 55gr 5.56 I can get, which is virtually always American Eagle stuff. I'm trying to put myself on a schedule to order 1-2k rounds every month when I find good deals. The stuff does well enough for ~1.5MOA or less.

I like AE and Wolf Gold 55gr fmj too don't get me wrong, but that's if I find a good deal. More often than not I find Hornady BLACK for only a few cents per round more so I end up buying that. However for plinking and shooting steel, 55gr ball is the way to go

• 2 weeks later...

Finished putting together my .300blk pistola last night. Still impressed with PSA quality, although they weren't exactly quick on the shipping this time 'round...

48045688741_cf3098f35b_c.jpg

Trying to decide on a .30cal suppressor for the .300blk so I can also use it on my 5.56, or a 9mm can to use on the .300blk, 9mm pistols, and 9mm AR upper... hmmm...??

Get one rated and small for 9mm and 300blk sub/super.

I don’t shoot 5.56 suppressed much. Still loud. I just keep it on my work rifle. 9mm and 300blk subsonic is fun to shoot suppressed. I load my own 9mm now and can tailor it to the weapon. I just ordered 300blk stuff to start reloading since I have saved my brass for years.

No issues with my PSA stuff either. Built an 8.5” 300blk into an SBR and a 7.5” one into a pistol. Both shoot fine. Subsonic, supersonic, suppressed and unsuppressed. I’ve only done one full auto suppressed mag dump on each since ammo isn’t cheap.

Edited by chowser51

Primary Machine called and asked if I wanted co-witness height sights installed on my VP9 long slide. Hell yes I do.

Must be close to done. Looking forward to getting it back with the ACRO P-1 mounted up.

e8b747468896527f960d6227ffeaa324.jpg

I got the Leupold LCO and mounted on my LWRC. It’s a good red dot, but no better than a Trijicon MRO which cost half. Aimpoint T2 is still better but cost the same. I haven’t decided if I’m going to swap optics between my SR-15 and the LWRC, currently the SR-15 has my Nightforce NX8 on it. Logically you would think put the scope on the LWRC because it’s a heavier gun and would make a good SPR setup. On the otherhand I like how lightweight the KAC is and the NX8 makes it extremely versatile. The LWRC has become a range toy at this point so I think i’m fine with that having the red dot.

I also got their new RDS and mounted it on my AK with a midwest industries sidemount. For $200 this is a kickass optic and better than the Aimpoint PRO

e31f9bf10f7444fc6bd7de2d02aa602f.jpg

Granted as a writer, I bought both optics at 50% off from Leupold so it came out to $700 because it was off MSRP. Street price you can get a LCO for $550-600 and the RDS for $200

Edited by THE RZA

I also got their new RDS and mounted it on my AK with a midwest industries sidemount. For $200 this is a kickass optic and better than the Aimpoint PRO

OK, you've got my attention... I've got 3 Aimpoint PROs and they've been outstanding performers under service conditions for years.

What do you like better about the Leupold? Or is it just equivalent performance at the lower price point?

Get one rated and small for 9mm and 300blk sub/super.

I don’t shoot 5.56 suppressed much. Still loud.

That's the direction I'm leaning. It's unlikely that I would be shooting my 5.56 SBR without hearing protection these days, so it's kind of a moot point.

I'm really looking forward to a suppressed 9mm upper, though... :D

OK, you've got my attention... I've got 3 Aimpoint PROs and they've been outstanding performers under service conditions for years.

What do you like better about the Leupold? Or is it just equivalent performance at the lower price point?

Equivalent performance at a lower price point. Comes with a mount or you can use any 34mm scope mount, it has leupold quality in every aspect (glass, durability, warranty). MSRP I believe is $350 but you can get them for $200-250. Battery life isn’t the greatest