LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

^ +1.

That sucks!!!

How much was it for, out of curiosity?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

my new toy just shipped, gonna try to pick it up tonight!

50659-catalog.jpg

Yeah barrel laws trump the whole it's not a shotgun ruling. I kinda wanted that or the Tac 14 when Point Blank had customer appreciation rebates one Thursday last fall.

Well, I got skunked... place I ordered it from (it was a ridiculously good price) sent me an email... "sorry, it's out of stock... we'll be refunding your PayPal..." :mad::spin:

You get your money back, so it's not that bad.

453747.png

You get your money back, so it's not that bad.

True.

And I really wouldn't be bothered if they backordered it and honored their price... I don't mind waiting. But if they're going to cancel the order, their software should know it's out of stock, and not allow the order in the first place... no excuse for that with today's tech.

And Paypal refunds seem to take forever... :p

Yeah barrel laws trump the whole it's not a shotgun ruling. I kinda wanted that or the Tac 14 when Point Blank had customer appreciation rebates one Thursday last fall.

with the factory set up, it falls under the rules of a "firearm", not shotgun. from the factory without the shoulder stock, just has to exceed 26" overall. all good in the arizona hood!

Patiently waiting for my "ProtectYourShelves" (also known as ChunckyShelves) concealment art to arrive. I ordered a "coffee table" (American flag burning away to a Gadsden flag) for my man cave before Christmas and then could not resist and ordered a "We The People" concealment wall piece as well.

Being patient is not one of my best qualities.

^ I love the idea, but I gotta tell ya, if I'm the thief and I see an American flag burning away to the Gadsden, that's the FIRST place I'm gonna have a look for a gun. :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

k, so i'll admit i'm not a big gun guy as i'm not a gun hunter and not much of a bow hunter in recent years, but i just received a Winchester 94 from my father, and it was either his fathers or father-in-laws (I had a fever when he dropped it off, so he didn't stay long and i just accepted it and don't remember what if any history he may have told me then).

ANYWAYS, it's well used and the buttstock has the finish worn off the closer you get to the butt. so it sounds like refinishing is a big no-no, and it is a pre-64 (not that i'll sell it), so...

...what can i do to protect the "raw" wood that won't be seen as sacrilege?

Granted, like a turbo subaru oil post, i'm sure there will be limitless opinions. but gotta start somewhere. Honestly considering getting some sort of furniture replacement set and just setting the original parts aside.

Also, looking to get a peep sight for it and will do as thorough a teardown as I feel comfortable with before taking it to the range to see how she does after 67 years of use.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

from the random threads i found from a google search, at least some people thought of linseed oil as refinishing. Honestly sounded like doing nothing at all was the "best" course of action. Or if it had been yours it's whole life and you always rubbed the entire gun down with Rem. oil, you should just keep doing it.

I'll probably never have it out in the rain, and won't be dragging it through the forest to hunt, so i probably don't need to do a dang thing and just accept it's appearance as "natural".

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

^ I love the idea, but I gotta tell ya, if I'm the thief and I see an American flag burning away to the Gadsden, that's the FIRST place I'm gonna have a look for a gun. :lol:

Agreed. If you get to my "man cave" and you were not invited and you are still breathing, I am not protecting my home properly. The plan is to only store a firearm in the table when I am home and/or in the room. There is over 200cubic feet of firearm safe in the home and I have a small child.

Note, the wife and daughter know NOT TO GO NEAR my cave. The sign outside the door:

20180102_195012.thumb.jpg.1c43057d9c045a7ab38f71ee5a81f832.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

NJ Liberal Logic, SBR carbines are illegal and we're on the verge of a potential all out weapons ban similar to the New York SAFE act/California compliant with ratfucked carbines. However this is legal and not in jeopardy of getting banned:

http://static.shoplightspeed.com/shops/607548/files/006044389/800x1024x2/black-aces-tactical-black-aces-tactical-pro-series.jpg

pretty sure this would do a lot more damage than a SBR Carbine would. The other one that has me scratching my head is a traditional double-barrel shotgun can't have a short barrel unless it's a 20 GA or higher.

nope, it's the IC-SPR with the stroke piston. The DI doesn't come with the flip up sights, if you're assuming by the handstop, that's just a Magpul XTM stop on there, I do like the one that comes with the DI model, but not for $70 :)

In the past month I've put 3600 rounds through it, 25 yard indoor range shooting paper, 40 yard indoor range shooting paper, 100 yard outdoor range & a tactical range hitting steel and other little plinkers as well. I'm very happy with how it shoots. It's a well built rifle. I may switch out the EOTech for a Trijicon MRO, haven't decided yet. If I end up getting the AR-10, I'll probably switch the EOTech over to that and get the MRO for the green weenie.

nope, it's the IC-SPR with the stroke piston. The DI doesn't come with the flip up sights, if you're assuming by the handstop, that's just a Magpul XTM stop on there, I do like the one that comes with the DI model, but not for $70 :)

Saw the hand stop, twisted barrel and integrated rail. I can not make out the gas block and was not sure. I dont follow them enough to know which get buis from the factory, lol. But I do read plenty of great reviews on their products. Last month it was the new "girl" rifle they released.

Regardless, it should be a very nice rifle. Only real "complaint" I have heard is the trigger, and MANY rifles have a gritty stock trigger. Nothing that cant be fixed in a matter of minutes and about $200-$250 (I am partial to Geissele).

For the first few years LWRCI made this rifle they made it with a Geissele from the factory, now it's a $250 upgrade from the factory to have them install it. Not sure if I want it though, triggers have never really been something to bother me. I always shot decent with beat to crap M4's & M16's when I was active duty, shooting my AR's that I baby is cake in comparison, even on my old colt. Though I wish I didn't sell the Colt, I would have tricked that out. What makes me hesistant to upgrade the trigger on this rifle is it's nickel-boron treated along with the bolt, so it's low maintenance. Their factory trigger is better than most. From what I understand it's made to specs of Geissele but it's not quite as crisp as their 2 stage.

also, the biggest giveaway if you can't tell between their piston or DI models, look to the thumb screws at the end of the rails, all piston ones have that so you can take the top rail off by loosening them, the DI models don't have that. The DI gets great reviews too and was named rifle of the year for 2017. I think they'll become more popular now as a result that they offer a more budget friendly option for those not looking to spend over 2 grand on a rifle.

My only true complaint is the rail system. The top is made with 1913 from the factory full length which is great, but for the other 3 sides that are smooth, if you want to attach other accessories you either need to buy theirs, or buy 1913 strips from them and use their proprietary screws to mount them. It comes with 2 3” strips in the box along with a 2” piece with a QD attachment. For me that’s fine, I don’t like much on my rifles but if you’re a gear queer or like to put handguards on, you don’t have cheap options.

Otherwise it’s a great rifle, no buyers remorse [emoji4]

My only true complaint is the rail system. The top is made with 1913 from the factory full length which is great, but for the other 3 sides that are smooth, if you want to attach other accessories you either need to buy theirs, or buy 1913 strips from them and use their proprietary screws to mount them. It comes with 2 3” strips in the box along with a 2” piece with a QD attachment. For me that’s fine, I don’t like much on my rifles but if you’re a gear queer or like to put handguards on, you don’t have cheap options.

Otherwise it’s a great rifle, no buyers remorse [emoji4]

I'll give you $6.25 shipped when it's banned by your new governor.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT