LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

Here's a quick pic with the Seekins.

IMG_20171127_211521_01

Where's my picture!!!!!!!!!! :spin::)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I did have a random guy in Walmart telling me I should buy them both and never shoot them because they will be collectors items soon. Same guy also told me I should watch my grains because I could damage my guns shooting higher than 115 for my G17. Just to see where he was, I told him I built an 80% gun and his reply was "But I know a guy who builds 100% guns". He asked me if I knew "Thee Glock man" and I said Lenny? His reply was some guy named Steve.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just spewed my drink!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

• I Donated
Have you tried USPSA?

I have not. This was my first foray into any of that type of event. I haven't looked to see if USPSA does many matches in my area yet either but i'm a fan of trying different clubs. Having seen how different autocross clubs handle the same event i'm pretty curious to see how different gun clubs handle this type of event.

Are you serious right now?! This is magical. :lol: I've been told the "collectors" BS about my Gen 2's that I carry. Whats the fun of having a gun you wont shoot?

If you can, I always suggest buying both. If I didnt have a shield with Apex flatty and nigh sights already I'd have jumped on the 43. If you plan on pocket carry, I think the pocket size dictates the gun size. The pants Im wearing now I can comfortably pocket and draw my G19, possibly even a 17. Another pair of pants make drawing the 42 difficult.

This guy literally said he collects Glocks and was literally gonna tell me what mine was worth to the exact dollar amount if I told him ny round count. In theory the round count between upper and lower isn't accurate as the slide moonlights the 80% lower. That would have probably been too much for him to try and process. I wasn't on a time crunch but I wanted to get home to cold beer so I let the conversation die on the magical Glock guy of Berea Fairgrounds.

Didn't like the FM handguard so I went back with the Seekins.

Superlative Arms adjustable/bleeder gas block

Seekins 10" MCSR handguard

12" Faxon barrel and bolt

of course using my AAC 762SDN6.

Will test fire this when I get to work on Wednesday.

54g.jpg

65gs.jpg

some ideas for christmas

http://bottlebreacher.com/

50 cal

http://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-0yjy2s/products/271/images/2906/Big_C__58339.1477875982.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

30mm

http://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-0yjy2s/products/281/images/3001/521x391__10095.1477879289.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Edited by red beast

Arizona is sending me 100 out of state CCW applications now. F-U Cali. If federal reciprocity is the law, then I have found another way to be legal and I will share it with my friends.

$60 and I dont even have to be in Arizona to apply, LOL.

Any recommendations on a good magazine about firearms? Pistol and rifle would be great. Perhaps something other than Guns and Ammo.

Recoil is good eye-candy. Good articles every once in a while. I usually pick one up before going on trips for mindless airplane and hotel reading.

Overall, I side with Penguin. It's much better to get good information online nowadays, like through Primary & Secondary.

Recoil "feels" good. :) The cover is that matte-lux stuff. :lol: I've also been given promo copies of their sister publication, Ballistic, and it's also had some interesting articles, and the same photography. I prefer Recoil, though.

I still like the feel of paper-in-hand, too. Reading on the screen, tablet, or phone just isn't the same.

Besides, it feels funny bringing electronics into the bathroom, still. :lol:

^ It's really not the same, bruddah. :)

http://www.recoilweb.com/

Their website has a section that houses select articles from their last few issues that you can view for free. It's worth looking at those to get an idea of what Recoil is about.

One of my favorite of the last few happens to be the "An Assaulter's Guide" series, authored by John "Chappy" Chapman ( https://forgetactical.com/legacy/ ) -

http://www.recoilweb.com/an-assaulters-guide-to-doors-128037.html

http://www.recoilweb.com/an-assaulters-guide-to-hallways-128691.html

http://www.recoilweb.com/assaulters-guide-to-stairways-129416.html

http://www.recoilweb.com/assaulters-guide-to-room-processing-131614.html

Those of you who know me know that I finally got up my courage to get into the house this past spring - and man, let me tell ya, I really could have used those articles a few months before those virgin runs, to get my head in a better place. :lol::redface: Looking back at these articles from the point of view of someone who went through that very same facility just months prior, I really think that Chappy did an amazing job writing those pieces.

In any case, this particular rag has the usual marketing of guns, babes with guns, tacticool toys and even metrotactical clothing, but it's also got excellent articles like these above - articles authored by some of today's top shooters and instructors, which cover everything from tactical to defensive to competition, with words that can benefit everyone from beginners to more advanced shooters.

All with nice, glossy photos. :)

It's really a lot of fun. :)

Edited by TSi+WRX

^ I'll pass on the flashbanging. :lol:

I am using the house for one specific reason only: to break me of my square-range mindset, and to allow for a higher level of problem-solving and practical application.

Sure, I'll admit to being a gear-queer and loving to play dress-up ninja in cool-guy gear. But truthfully, I know that's just for play (and also for the facility's liability requirements) - it's the "work" I'm learning in the house that's really what I'm after. I've done some of it in makeshift structures, and it's just not the same.

I was really lucky to have my virgin runs be through the Alliance PD Training Facility. The Practically Tactical guys lured in a great bunch of folks, and we were under the careful eye of Joe Weyer - who broke me of bad habits before I could even form them. :) My partner - a good buddy of mine who was also a shoothouse virgin - and I also lucked-in to the fact that the two AIs for the class were our personal friends. One is a Marine combat vet, and the other a civilian who has been through the house countless times. They gave us several more hours of private tutelage, without which we would have been completely and totally lost beyond hope. Well, more me than him, anyway. :redface:

The first run was just to enter a blank room and process it. Takes just over a minute to do it right, as a partners duo.

I apparently was so nervous that I held my breath the entire time. :eek: Folks on the catwalk said I was turning purple. And uproarious laughter erupted from above me when Joe patted me on the back after he called ENDEX, and I let out a huge breath. :lol:

Instruction emphasized processing and problem-solving. Shooting was held to a minimum, with the SOP being 2 shots per threat/shoot target, and the evolutions were *_not_* timed. Through a dozen runs through the house (4 of which were low-light), total ammo expenditure was no more than 50 rounds.

Shot accountability was extremely high: we were expected to engage 2D-paper "Scenario Targets" with appreciation for 3D anatomy, and high-center-mass shots were held to a fist-size where the heart would be, with head-shots only counting as neutralizing the threat if it entered the eyebox area (again, with 3D consideration). Part of the genius of Joe was that on TD1, he baselined all of us by giving us extremely demanding standards to shoot to, both from our handgun as well as carbine, with close to 500 rounds of each being shot in a little over 6 hours. In-retrospect, we realized that this was on-purpose, as he would then prove to us later that any of us - myself included - failing to neutralize via the set accountability standards would be due to our brains just being overloaded: thus pointing a finger directly at our underlying inadequacies in executing the fundamentals.

I was awkward on the carbine through most of last year, and this class really kicked my ass in that respect. I had so many shots fall outside the eyebox simply because when I got nervous, I would forget mechanical offset - a skill which, at that time, I'd yet to fully internalize.

It was a great time, and I'm looking forward to doing it again a few times this coming year.

Edited by TSi+WRX

^ When. :) Definitely a when, but it's going to be a few years. My traveling out-of-state (or even farther in-state, like, for example, TDI in southern Ohio) is currently no-go because of work/family schedules.

Once Anna is in high-school and can drive for herself, things should free up a bit for me. :)

And I'll definitely look you up then, bruddah. :)

----

Oh, and I thought I'd share this one as an example of my bad habits getting nipped even before they can be buds. It turns out that it's not only Italians that love to talk with their hands. :p

Picture courtesy of Practically Tactical

Yup, that's my fat paw getting taped to fire control. :lol: Joe made sure that I could still shoot and finish our run, but yeah..... :redface:

We debriefed as a class after each evolution, and Joe made me sit for the entire 30+ minute debrief with my hand taped. :p My hand was pretty numb by then, and my notes for that debrief was a bitch to transcribe, as I had to write with my non-dominant hand. :lol:

That learned me, good, and honestly, I love Joe for it. :wub: My hand has not come off fire-control in a class, since. :)

33482393_HandGettingTaped-Resize.jpg.2f7758e6cc21ec53e7ea910a793dcac8.jpg

Edited by TSi+WRX