LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

At least he didn't pull a Sean Penn.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

look what i picked up yesterday! lady had the original gun shop receipt from 81, all the original paperwork and stuff as well. very well kept, her husband passed so she wanted to get rid of all his firearms. its a 4" highway patrolman model 28. needs a good clean and oil, probably going to take it out this weekend and see how it does

http://i65.tinypic.com/rc5014.jpg

here it is next to my judge magnum for size comparison. it feels a bit heavier than the judge, as well as looking a bit larger overall.

http://i66.tinypic.com/fvab7q.jpg

Edited by twisty

the judge is a tad longer overall with the 3" chamber tho, but the 1" barrel difference soaks that up fairly well.

i also got a coupe ithaca shottys from her as well, an older golden trigger over under 20ga and an even older western made side by side 20ga. the side by side was one i didnt really care about getting, but the price was right so i took all 3.

As of this past Monday . . . it's a 9.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1479&pictureid=9917

NJ doesn't allow more than one pistol purchase in any given 30-day period, so four weeks from yesterday, give or take a day, is when permit #2 will be used. Already have a line on what will be coming home then.

Norm

5" Bull barrel, Dawson adjustable fiber optic sights, flared magwell, slide cut outs, four 21 round mags, rear sight plate can be removed for a red dot.

Best part? My thumb doesn't rest on the slide release. Trigger pull should be 3.5-4lbs with the Apex and it's drop in, no tools for $49.00.

Edit: better picture

IMG_5148.JPG.5f61ca2ad70beedf90a38047231dc53e.JPG

Edited by BDII
Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Plus being 9mm and no ammo panics going on, it's a good time to buy bulk 9mm cheap and stack it deep. Loaded ammo at first then once fired brass ready for the Dillon later. **** yeah.

As you know, I too have a Dillon. All the money I've saved by reloading allows me to shoot competitively nearly every weekend. I'm loading 9mm at about $0.12 a round using tite-group and Xtreme bullets.

The P320 X-Five will be my steel plate challenge gun. I'll continue to use my P226 for IDPA and USPSA. My goal this summer is 24 plates at 10 yards in 25 seconds with 3 mag changes.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Garand was my first rifle...brand new, still packed in cosmoline, and given to me by my uncle the day I was born. It was almost 8 more years before I shot it for the first time.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Garand was my first rifle...brand new, still packed in cosmoline, and given to me by my uncle the day I was born. It was almost 8 more years before I shot it for the first time.

God Bless America!