LegacyGT.com

Koni and springs on 19's

Does anyone know any members with a 19 inch wheel on the Koni inserts and lowering springs? I've searched and searched, and I can't seem to find anyone who's not using coilovers.

I just want see what tire size people are using. I have 245-40-19, and I'm really having second thoughts about wheel well clearance one H&R springs.

I know I could go with RCE springs, but then I feel like the gap would be huge.

Any suggestions, or pics?

I am not running Koni's but I do have the Bilsteins with eibachs. I am running 19's with 245/40/19's.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah113/BBPeik/20160722_184036_zps5o5oummb.jpg

Thanks BBPeik, what's the drop on Eibachs? I think I remember it being right around 1" right?

Did you have to roll/pull your fenders?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Whether or not someone has Koni's has no bearing on whether or not your wheels will fit. And it doesn't matter which lowering springs or coilovers someone is using. And it doesn't really matter if it the wheels are 18" or 19". The wheels will either fit or not within the fenders based on width and offset.

Below is the link to the setup that s2baru was running compared to what you want to run. Pretty sure he had to pull and roll the fronts and roll the rears. The overall tire diameter has little to do with whether you'll rub or not, because the suspension goes up and down while you drive, what matter is your poke.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=255&aspect=35&diameter=19&wheelwidth=9&offset=35&width2=245&aspect2=40&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=8-5&offset2=30#isPage=1

This is my setup compared to yours. You're gonna rub a little whether you're on stock suspension or lowered 2". Get the rears rolled a little and at the very least pull the fronts 1/4". You may need to adjust the front camber a little more negative to give you extra room.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=255&aspect=40&diameter=18&wheelwidth=9&offset=40&width2=245&aspect2=40&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=8-5&offset2=30#isPage=1

My set-up- Also covers "show us how your LGT currently is sitting" "What did you do to your LGT today" and answers your inquiry all in one.

Set-up is Koni's on Eibachs, has settled so I think it's just over a 1" drop. I did get rubbing in rears, over larger bumps, had my fenders rolled, no more rubbing. 19X8 +35 on 245/40/19. I think you'll need a slight roll.

How my car currently sits- dirty and a little beat-up. We're getting daily afternoon showers, just enough to get the car dirty so I haven't washed in weeks.

What did I do to my LGT today- Not what I did but some jerkoff hit my bumper at a golf course about 3 weeks ago. I cleaned my car on Saturday, played golf Sunday morning, noticed at work on Monday morning. That's the worse kind of people out there, hit someones car and don't care / too chicken shit to man up. Got me a Band-Aid sticker to cover up the hole / scrap. Helps ease the pain but unfortunately won't heal on its own.

IMG_4066.thumb.jpg.48a48ab5530681ef34035f697d025e01.jpg

IMG_4067.thumb.jpg.207a757681fa2ae438b53cf42cd1d5f2.jpg

IMG_4068.thumb.jpg.d9dfc06e7d2bfbca492fb1079c4b0733.jpg

IMG_4069.thumb.jpg.ec39b57c81606669f6c7d3b952c192f0.jpg

My set-up- Also covers "show us how your LGT currently is sitting" "What did you do to your LGT today" and answers your inquiry all in one.

Set-up is Koni's on Eibachs, has settled so I think it's just over a 1" drop. I did get rubbing in rears, over larger bumps, had my fenders rolled, no more rubbing. 19X8 +35 on 245/40/19. I think you'll need a slight roll.

How my car currently sits- dirty and a little beat-up. We're getting daily afternoon showers, just enough to get the car dirty so I haven't washed in weeks.

What did I do to my LGT today- Not what I did but some jerkoff hit my bumper at a golf course about 3 weeks ago. I cleaned my car on Saturday, played golf Sunday morning, noticed at work on Monday morning. That's the worse kind of people out there, hit someones car and don't care / too chicken shit to man up. Got me a Band-Aid sticker to cover up the hole / scrap. Helps ease the pain but unfortunately won't heal on its own.

Laopadak and BBPeik, you guys got the win today, everyone else I really appreciate it. As an engineer I really hate doing things twice, and I'm not an impulsive buyer, so I like to make sure I do the things right first time.

You all have no idea how much this helps me, and I greatly appreciate it!

Laopadak and BBPeik, you guys got the win today, everyone else I really appreciate it. As an engineer I really hate doing things twice, and I'm not an impulsive buyer, so I like to make sure I do the things right first time.

You all have no idea how much this helps me, and I greatly appreciate it!

I was never an impulsive buyer, then I got my LGT...then I came here.....then impulsive buying began....

Glad to be of help. 19's are the way to go IMO. Fills up the gap / fits the shape / size of car nicely. 40 side wall is the bare minimum I would recommend for a decent ride. 35's look like rubber bands and I wouldn't be able to stand the harshness (Denver roads).

Looks like BBPeik is running the same wheels as me but I'd bet he's at +45 (other option for the TSW Nurburgring) so he's not rubbing.

Plan to roll, the sound / fear and feel of rubbing is pretty bad.

Probably not my first choice but everyone's taste is different. Plus I think the design, size and poke are just as important as color. Bronze Nurburgring looks pretty good.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/new-york-tsw-nurburgring-19x8-5x100-45-offset-matte-bronze-255154.html

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bronze-18-bbs-rgrs-255299.html

Pics no longer here but I thought these were fairly nice; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/ca-rare-5x100-ssr-gt2-19x8-5-32-w-center-251776.html

Archived