LegacyGT.com

Fuel Filter Part No.

Hey everyone, I was out for a drive the other day and as soon as I got into boost my engine stalled and turned off. I cranked it three more times and it stalled twice then came back to a steady idle. It starts every time now but stumbles really hard when I get into boost. I'm thinking I might need to replace the fuel filter since it's never been changed and I'm at 90k miles does anyone have the part number handy? As always any insight to what the problem could be is much appreciated.

Our filter is just the screen on the fuel pump. I think the odds of the sock being that plugged are pretty slim. You could have a fuel pressure issue. I would check fuel pressure if you have the capability. Any CEL? Could be plugs or a coil as well. Unfortunately these are all things that will need to be checked for a proper diag. Not sure if you have an AP. If you do, run a log while it is acting up and it may lead you in the right direction.

I'm referring to the white plastic housing the fuel pump sits in. I believe the actual fuel filter itself is in that unit. I'm gonna pull everything to check so I figure while I'm in there I might as well replace the fuel pump and sock too. No CELs so that's why I'm thinking it might not be the coils. When E-tuning with Mike he always mentioned that no matter what he did the mixture was lean, which is another reason I think it may be fuel related

Archived